Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

If Ricky P does indeed step down...who's next?

Featured Replies

I say Billy Donovan without a doubt...how fun would the Commonwealth become?

  • Replies 47
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: That would be HILARIOUS!

 

I doubt it happens though.

  • Author

^ I agree........What could the presser be about though? I have my ideas, but I'll wait.

I would be willing to almost guarantee it'd be Donovan. I don't think it'd be a smart move for UofL though. He's got the personality for it, but outside of his one class, he's pretty much underachieved his whole career.

^ I agree........What could the presser be about though? I have my ideas, but I'll wait.

 

According to some, there is no presser.

I would be willing to almost guarantee it'd be Donovan. I don't think it'd be a smart move for UofL though. He's got the personality for it, but outside of his one class, he's pretty much underachieved his whole career.

 

I think they'd go hard after Donovan, too. I'm not sure how much I'd like that, as I think there are better coaches out there, but it would obviously be about availability.

I guess Ricky wouldn't advise Donovan not to take the UL job would he?

One guy I'd throw out for a place like UofL is Baylor's Scott Drew. The guy is recruiting way better than should be allowed at a place like Baylor. Be interesting to see what he could do with near unlimited resources.

If Billy D wouldn't come to UK, I can't see why he would come to UL. Only thing that would change his mind IMO is now looking at the shape of his Gators after the recruiting season has neared a close in 09', and after seeing all the departures. Clearly Louisville would be a much better situation as far as that goes. Other than wanting to jump a sinking ship (UF) and possibly another NIT season to move to a top 25 ready team, I see no reason why Donovan would come considering he has snubbed UK twice.

I would be willing to almost guarantee it'd be Donovan. I don't think it'd be a smart move for UofL though. He's got the personality for it, but outside of his one class, he's pretty much underachieved his whole career.

 

Absolutely agree. Heck, look no further than what his teams have done since those guys left.

One guy I'd throw out for a place like UofL is Baylor's Scott Drew. The guy is recruiting way better than should be allowed at a place like Baylor. Be interesting to see what he could do with near unlimited resources.

 

Baylor has really been so much better than expected. I thought the Delaney situation a few years back was going to put Baylor in the basement for many, many years. However, it seems to have had little effect, and they just keep getting better.

If Billy D wouldn't come to UK, I can't see why he would come to UL. Only thing that would change his mind IMO is now looking at the shape of his Gators after the recruiting season has neared a close in 09', and after seeing all the departures. Clearly Louisville would be a much better situation as far as that goes. Other than wanting to jump a sinking ship (UF) and possibly another NIT season to move to a top 25 ready team, I see no reason why Donovan would come considering he has snubbed UK twice.

 

One reason, Louisville will be playing in a brand new arena in 2010. Don't know how much of a factor that would play, but it's a reason.

I think they'd go hard after Donovan, too. I'm not sure how much I'd like that, as I think there are better coaches out there, but it would obviously be about availability.

 

Who are the better coaches that you have in mind?

 

I think they'd go after Jay Wright. And I don't think he'd leave for Louisville.

 

The good news for Louisville is that they're in the Big East, so the job will get a lot of attention. The bad news for Louisville is that they're in the Big East, so a lot of their top candidates may be reluctant to jump ship to an in-conference opponent.

Who are the better coaches that you have in mind?

 

I think they'd go after Jay Wright. And I don't think he'd leave for Louisville.

 

The good news for Louisville is that they're in the Big East, so the job will get a lot of attention. The bad news for Louisville is that they're in the Big East, so a lot of their top candidates may be reluctant to jump ship to an in-conference opponent.

 

Honestly, I don't know who else I'd even consider, as I don't know who might be looking for a new job. I just wouldn't consider Donovan one of the best coaches in college basketball.

One reason, Louisville will be playing in a brand new arena in 2010. Don't know how much of a factor that would play, but it's a reason.

 

Deuce, man seriously. I like you a lot and normally agree with much of what you post, but your telling me Donovan is coming just for the reason UL is getting a new arena????????

 

I could see that tying in with a decision, but that would have to be about the seventh or eight reason on his list to make the switch. And although I said the only reason for him to leave now after snubbing UK was to get away from the mess he has in Florida, one more thing I could see is that UL is not in the SEC. I could see Donovan not wanting to go to another SEC school, a rival school to boot, so maybe a team that doesn't play UF would make it a little easier. But I'm sticking with my guns, If he wouldn't come to UK, then why would he Louisville.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.