Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Denny Crum.....salary...

Featured Replies

Pretty sure Joe B. Hall's still on the UK payroll. Bet he's doing the same thing Denny's doing.

 

Doesn't Joe B help recruit on the Football side. I know when Lorenzen and Smith were seniors, Joe B was at every home football game making sure Highlands knew that Kentucky was in the house keeping a close watch on their boys.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, I'd love to have either ones job, but more so Hall's. I would LOVE to recruit $$$$$ for UK. I am a big fan of both money and UK.

 

I'd love to recruit money for anyone if I got paid like that.:ylsuper:

I think that price tag is very high for the little work that he does. If that's Denny bashing, so be it.

 

I don't understand this kind of thinking. He is a guy in demand. He is a guy that worked hard to make Louisville a nationally recognized institution. If that's what the university thinks he's worth, then that's what he's worth.

 

This thread is 100% hateration.

I think that price tag is very high for the little work that he does. If that's Denny bashing, so be it.

 

Can you provide some information on how much Money Coach Crum has helped UofL Fundraise? Before I questioned his salary I would wont to have some info on what he does. From what I understand coach Crum never turns down anthing that involves helping the University of louisville. If it hadnt been for Coach Crum and the basketball program during his time UofL athletics would have been bankrupt.

A nice gig if you can get it!

  • Author
This thread is 100% hateration.

You're right, I am a Card hater.

You're right, I am a Card hater.

 

:lol:

Pretty sure Joe B. Hall's still on the UK payroll. Bet he's doing the same thing Denny's doing.

 

What does that have to do with anything? I was asking a serious question.

You're right, I am a Card hater.

 

Your statement wasn't hateration on the Cards. It was hating on the free market in general. This is the type of thinking that socialism is built upon.

 

I mean how dare Denny Crum accept this salary.:rolleyes:

 

This is America where people like Denny Crum can be paid a ridiculous salary if someone thinks he's worth it.

I think that price tag is very high for the little work that he does. If that's Denny bashing, so be it.

What does he do?

  • Author
Your statement wasn't hateration on the Cards. It was hating on the free market in general. This is the type of thinking that socialism is built upon.

 

I mean how dare Denny Crum accept this salary.:rolleyes:

 

This is America where people like Denny Crum can be paid a ridiculous salary if someone thinks he's worth it.

 

Who said I was hating on Crum for TAKING the salary? Come on man, you're missing it.

  • Author
What does he do?

 

He's a very part time fundraiser.

Who said I was hating on Crum for TAKING the salary? Come on man, you're missing it.

 

Maybe I'm taking the intent of the thread wrong. When I hear things like the interview with Calhoun at UConn and how he makes a big salary when they are having to downsize things on campus. When people complain about Calapari's salary, professional athletes salary, etc... it comes off as the person complaining being selfish to me. Like they want to bring someone else down if that person has achieved a level of success that few ever do. :irked:

This thread hit me that way. If that's not how you intended it to come off then I apologize and will step off my soap box. :cool:

A nice gig if you can get it!

 

It is an easy gig to get... Just win a national title or two for your school and stick around to have the court named after you.

 

Come on guys. If Pitino had stuck around, fast-forward 30 years and wanted to be around the university would you have a problem with paying him this amount of money? I venture to guess the honest answer is no, you wouldn't mind at all.

 

It is the same in UofL land.

^ Agreed. That is a sweet salary at any age, let alone Denny Crum's.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.