Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Denny Crum.....salary...

Featured Replies

Maybe I'm taking the intent of the thread wrong. When I hear things like the interview with Calhoun at UConn and how he makes a big salary when they are having to downsize things on campus. When people complain about Calapari's salary, professional athletes salary, etc... it comes off as the person complaining being selfish to me. Like they want to bring someone else down if that person has achieved a level of success that few ever do. :irked:

This thread hit me that way. If that's not how you intended it to come off then I apologize and will step off my soap box. :cool:

 

:thumb:

 

If it was not started as hatred, it was started because people were questioning Cal's salary before he has coached his first game as a cat. It was started as jealousy of Denny for being able to make that kind of money when no one on here does. It was started to create an uproar and hopefully get some sports jounalist to make what is already public, More public.

 

YOU GO D.C.!!!!:dancingpa

  • Replies 59
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man this sure seems to be one of those good ole boy networks that has set this state back 217 years.:thumb:

Denny is worth much more than that to the University of Louisville and this state.

I'm ok with it. Shoot, I hope John Wooden is still on UCLA's payroll somehow.

I'm ok with it. Shoot, I hope John Wooden is still on UCLA's payroll somehow.

Wooden and his boosters sure knew about payrolls. Some of his former players joked that they had to take a pay cut when they went to the NBA. That must not have been illegal back then.:sssh:

:idunno: There's no wonder he won 10 national titles.

I think that price tag is very high for the little work that he does. If that's Denny bashing, so be it.

 

So you must be on his payroll to know what he does, how many hours he puts in and how much work he does right? I mean with all of the certainty in which you delivered this line, you must be one the guys in the "know".

 

 

Wooden and his boosters sure knew about payrolls. Some of his former players joked that they had to take a pay cut when they went to the NBA. That must not have been illegal back then.:sssh:

:idunno: There's no wonder he won 10 national titles.

 

Let he, The Program), that is without sin, cast the first stone!

 

:rolleyes::banana::sssh:

So you must be on his payroll to know what he does, how many hours he puts in and how much work he does right? I mean with all of the certainty in which you delivered this line, you must be one the guys in the "know".

 

 

 

 

Let he, The Program), that is without sin, cast the first stone!

 

:rolleyes::banana::sssh:

UCLA in the 1960's weren't casting mere stones. They were casting boulders, with head booster Mr. Gilbert leading the way and Coach Wooden, IMO, looking the other way.

  • Author
So you must be on his payroll to know what he does, how many hours he puts in and how much work he does right? I mean with all of the certainty in which you delivered this line, you must be one the guys in the "know".

 

I am in the know enough to know, that IMO he gets paid too much money out of the University's money...if the boosters want to pay him, so be it. Get off my back about this, I am a U of L fan.

I am in the know enough to know, that IMO he gets paid too much money out of the University's money...if the boosters want to pay him, so be it. Get off my back about this, I am a U of L fan.

 

I wish I was in the know enough to let people know that I am in the know! Get off your back? Because I disagree with questioning his salary? I am sorry, I will try to see things in the future just as you do. It is just like the "reporter" that questioned Calhouns salary, where is the outrage over professional athletes? Where is the outrage over Bill Gates. So some people HAVE found a way to make mega bucks while most of us HAVE NOT. Classic tale.

Wooden and his boosters sure knew about payrolls. Some of his former players joked that they had to take a pay cut when they went to the NBA. That must not have been illegal back then.:sssh:

:idunno: There's no wonder he won 10 national titles.

 

Being a fan of UK I'm sure not going to call out another program. Wooden and his guys just knew how to outbid us and all the other programs.

  • Author
I wish I was in the know enough to let people know that I am in the know! Get off your back? Because I disagree with questioning his salary? I am sorry, I will try to see things in the future just as you do. It is just like the "reporter" that questioned Calhouns salary, where is the outrage over professional athletes? Where is the outrage over Bill Gates. So some people HAVE found a way to make mega bucks while most of us HAVE NOT. Classic tale.
Is it really....Calhoun IS the HEAD COACH and is directly responsible for the buck brought in....Pro Athletes? Are you serious? That doesn't compare. Bill Gates? He made that money all by himself. Most of us are at Microsoft's mercy. I wouldn't have as much problem with Denny making his salary from the booster's pockets....University $'s, not so much!
  • Author
Being a fan of UK I'm sure not going to call out another program. Wooden and his guys just knew how to outbid us and all the other programs.

 

To be honest I know nothing of the goings on at that time.

Is it really....Calhoun IS the HEAD COACH and is directly responsible for the buck brought in....Pro Athletes? Are you serious? That doesn't compare. Bill Gates? He made that money all by himself. Most of us are at Microsoft's mercy. I wouldn't have as much problem with Denny making his salary from the booster's pockets....University $'s, not so much!

 

:thumb:

 

It doesn't surprise me that Denny Crum is still making money that is somehow related to the University of Louisville. But I'm with you, RP. I find it odd that the actual university is paying him that much. Unless his contract was backloaded, to where he's still getting payments from his coaching days?

 

I wish I was in the know enough to let people know that I am in the know! Get off your back? Because I disagree with questioning his salary? I am sorry, I will try to see things in the future just as you do. It is just like the "reporter" that questioned Calhouns salary, where is the outrage over professional athletes? Where is the outrage over Bill Gates. So some people HAVE found a way to make mega bucks while most of us HAVE NOT. Classic tale.

 

Take a deep breath....and exhale.

 

RP's point is that he's surprised that the University itself is paying Denny Crum such a significant amount of money.

 

Do you not find that somewhat strange?

I'm ok with it. Shoot, I hope John Wooden is still on UCLA's payroll somehow.

 

I don't have a problem with it, but I do find it odd. I'd actually expect Crum to make money in some fashion off of Louisville. Heck, he's earned it. But, I do find it strange that he's actually on the university's payroll. I thought he'd make his money from the boosters, or some other separate entity, apart from the school itself.

 

Denny is worth much more than that to the University of Louisville and this state.

 

Yes, he is; however, that's not the issue.

 

Pretty sure Joe B. Hall's still on the UK payroll. Bet he's doing the same thing Denny's doing.

 

Erroneous. And exactly what we've grown to expect from you. :thumb:

For comparison's sake:

Denny Crum is making $338,000 as an "Asst. to Pres".

 

Billy Gillispie is "currently" making $400,000.

 

Rick Pitino is making $2,250,000.

To be honest I know nothing of the goings on at that time.

Google Sam Gilbert.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.