Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Denny Crum.....salary...

Featured Replies

  • Replies 59
  • Views 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously...there are so many other things to be outraged about. Denny earns his salary. He's a legend, and he's Louisville's legend. He still brings money to UL.

  • Author
Seriously...there are so many other things to be outraged about. Denny earns his salary. He's a legend, and he's Louisville's legend. He still brings money to UL.

 

That's a pretty weak argument.....he brings money to the basketball team, therefore his salary should come from the basketball team. In reality, we don't know how much he brings in.....but IMO, it shouldn't come from the University's coffers.

That's a pretty weak argument.....he brings money to the basketball team, therefore his salary should come from the basketball team. In reality, we don't know how much he brings in.....but IMO, it shouldn't come from the University's coffers.

 

 

Let me ask...do you have a copy of his job description?

  • Author
Let me ask...do you have a copy of his job description?

 

No.....does anyone? I do know that he's considered a fund raiser...that's all I know....IMO, I can't see the justification for tuition increases when Crum is on the University's dime.

No.....does anyone? I do know that he's considered a fund raiser...that's all I know....IMO, I can't see the justification for tuition increases when Crum is on the University's dime.

 

 

So, you're judging his salary on what you perceive to be his job, not what you actually know the scope of his job to be.

Crum is an Ambassador for the university. I think his official title is Special Assistant to the President of the university. I'd say he easily makes that salary up, plus much more in a years time in fundraising alone. That doesn't account for the UofL brand he is responsible for, the guy is/was a legend, end of story...

  • Author
So, you're judging his salary on what you perceive to be his job, not what you actually know the scope of his job to be.

 

RM, say what you will...I don't really care, but I know that the basketball program should be paying his salary, IMO, that can't really be argued.

  • Author
Crum is an Ambassador for the university. I think his official title is Special Assistant to the President of the university. I'd say he easily makes that salary up, plus much more in a years time in fundraising alone. That doesn't account for the UofL brand he is responsible for, the guy is/was a legend, end of story...

Not that easy....you don't raise tuition and not be able to argue an exorbitant salary.

  • Author

He's #20 on top salaries on UL's actual books...that's wrong, IMO.

Let me ask...do you have a copy of his job description?

 

I posted what his "title" is according to the source where I located the salaries. I think that was from the Herald-Leader, or maybe Courier-Journal.

 

I think the title was "Spec Asst. to Pres." I took that to mean Special Assistant to the President. :D

 

Not sure what all that entitles.

 

RM, say what you will...I don't really care, but I know that the basketball program should be paying his salary, IMO, that can't really be argued.

 

I find it a bit strange that the University is paying his salary too, but don't really have a problem with it. He's done a lot for the school. I just find it strange that the school is still paying him that much money.

 

Does anybody know what his duties would include? I think that'd be the best indicator as to whether the school or basketball program should be paying.

Not that easy....you don't raise tuition and not be able to argue an exorbitant salary.

 

Every school in the USA raises tuition every year. It's part of it, and has zero to do with Denny Crum. Like I said, he raises much more than 300,000 per year and has made much, much more than that in the past.

  • Author
Every school in the USA raises tuition every year. It's part of it, and has zero to do with Denny Crum. Like I said, he raises much more than 300,000 per year and has made much, much more than that in the past.

 

Do you know for sure? Even if he matches. he's still at his salary...how much does he raise?

Do you know for sure? Even if he matches. he's still at his salary...how much does he raise?

 

Are you naive enough to believe the Denny Crum doesn't raise more than that for Louisville annually?:confused:

RM, say what you will...I don't really care, but I know that the basketball program should be paying his salary, IMO, that can't really be argued.
I have stayed out of this because I could really care less. But this I can agree with. As a student I don't like that my tuition is raised but yet the University pays Crum this salary.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.