Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK's Biggest Busts

Featured Replies

How many players ever improved under Tubby!!:confused:

  • Replies 74
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did. He was a very good player. Not Great but very good. The problem is that we remember the melt downs instead of the times he scored 18 or 22 and helped us win games.

 

I remember some having him ranked ahead of Jason Kidd as the best player coming out of high school that year. Players like that don't have that many meltdowns.

He got kicked off the team, for doing drugs, and didn't complete a promising career, "A Bust"!

 

He had a great final season at USC but never panned out in the pros. I think he could have been seen a "bust" merely because he was so greatly gifted.

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mbPAfO93iU&feature=related

Rashard Carruth...just a shame; I really thought he would be a player for us.

 

I would mention Rekalin Sims as well understanding that his back really proved to be more of an issue, IMO, than anything else (his lack of playing time due to injury, IMO, led to his issues with Tubby).

Rashard Carruth...just a shame; I really thought he would be a player for us.

 

I would mention Rekalin Sims as well understanding that his back really proved to be more of an issue, IMO, than anything else (his lack of playing time due to injury, IMO, led to his issues with Tubby).

 

I think many people on here overrated Sims big time. Even when he was healthy he didn't impress me much at all. He would have been an average player at best IMO.

He got kicked off the team, for doing drugs, and didn't complete a promising career, "A Bust"!

 

 

He had two very good years, the most exciting player on the team by far. "Not A Bust"!

Carruth could ball, just couldn't stay out of trouble. Not sure if you'd consider that a bust or not, but from what I remember he contributed quite a bit on the court while he was here.

Carruth could ball, just couldn't stay out of trouble. Not sure if you'd consider that a bust or not, but from what I remember he contributed quite a bit on the court while he was here.

 

He averaged 5.5 points per game and did not play in 6 contests.

 

He collected only 25 rebounds in 332 minutes.

 

Shot 42.6% and was a big part of the Team Turmoil.

 

I think Carruth was not as great as Carruth thought he was.

 

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/Statistics/stat2001-02.html

He had two very good years, the most exciting player on the team by far. "Not A Bust"!

 

At UK he only had one year and 11 games. When he was booted he was averaging nearly 11 per game.

 

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/Statistics/stat1979-80.html

 

It would have been interesting to see how he fit that whole 2nd year on a pretty good squad that won the SEC and lost a 1 point heartbreaker to Duke in the Sweet 16. Anderson would have presented many matchup issues that UK could have used vs LSU or Duke that year (BTW those two teams comprised four of UK's six losses that season).

At UK he only had one year and 11 games. When he was booted he was averaging nearly 11 per game.

 

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/Statistics/stat1979-80.html

 

It would have been interesting to see how he fit that whole 2nd year on a pretty good squad that won the SEC and lost a 1 point heartbreaker to Duke in the Sweet 16. Anderson would have presented many matchup issues that UK could have used vs LSU or Duke that year (BTW those two teams comprised four of UK's six losses that season).

 

 

 

He averaged over 13 points a game his Freshman year, and made 3rd team All SEC. I knew it was early in his 2nd season, but I still don't consider him a bust. A bust is a complete failure IMO.

Saul shouldn't have been recruited at Kentucky period. He was a bust being on the team. Just my opinion.

Saul wasn't recruited by anyone! He was given a spot on the team by the only person who wanted him. Tubby!!!

Marvin Stone really sticks out to me. He was a top 5 player if I remember correctly coming out of high school and had a very weak career at UK. He did have a few moments at UL.

He averaged over 13 points a game his Freshman year, and made 3rd team All SEC. I knew it was early in his 2nd season, but I still don't consider him a bust. A bust is a complete failure IMO.

 

I'm not really labeling him as a "bust", just a disappointment.

 

It would have been interesting to see if Hall could have used him beyond that first year. Anderson excelled his freshman year because UK had few other options. By the time of the 2nd year the offense had more weapons and balance and Dwight might have not been able to stand out as easily in a structured setting.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.