Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK's Biggest Busts

Featured Replies

So far, DeAndre Liggins. I hope he proves me wrong though!

  • Replies 74
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shagari Alleyne....You cant teach 7'3"

I am not going to list those that were head cases or kicked off after one year as busts (i.e. Carruth, Legion, Parker, etc.).

 

Marvin Stone would be my biggest bust in recent times.

Jared Carter, Jared Carter, Jared Carter!

 

According to Scout.com, he was a 4 star recruit and the #7 center in his draft class. I had no idea this was the case. It also says as a Junior in HS, he only averaged 5 PPG and 5 RPG. How was he that highly ranked with stats like that???

:thumb: Oliver Simmons comes to mind as well.

 

I always heard UK got him to get Ron Mercer, if that is the case, then he done his job.

According to Scout.com, he was a 4 star recruit and the #7 center in his draft class. I had no idea this was the case. It also says as a Junior in HS, he only averaged 5 PPG and 5 RPG. How was he that highly ranked with stats like that???

 

He was not a starter as a junior in high school, which helps to explain his modest numbers.................not his ranking though.

I was disappointed in the way that Shagari was used. I thought he could've been a real contributor, if used properly. Not a bust, but a disappointment.

 

The most recent bust would have to be Alex Legion. Nate Knight, Antwain Barbour & Jason Parker come to mind, too.

 

Barbour would've been better off jumping straight from the JUCO ranks to the NBA.

I saw Shagari with the Globetrotters Sunday and he still cant play dead in a western!

 

:ohbrother:

Wasn't he only around for one season?

 

Then he went to Oklahoma and got kicked off the team/left and then ended up with a smaller school where he played pretty well. I can't remember the school, but I remember him playing against UK or UC in one of their early season tune up games and scoring about 20.

Then he went to Oklahoma and got kicked off the team/left and then ended up with a smaller school where he played pretty well. I can't remember the school, but I remember him playing against UK or UC in one of their early season tune up games and scoring about 20.

 

Now that I think of it I may be thinking of Myron Anthony that went to Oklahoma and got kicked off, but I know I saw Caruth play for a smaller school

Now that I think of it I may be thinking of Myron Anthony that went to Oklahoma and got kicked off, but I know I saw Caruth play for a smaller school
Carruth went to Oklahoma, but got kicked off the team there before he ever played a game. He played one year at Southern Miss, averaged 13 points per game, then flunked out.
Carruth went to Oklahoma, but got kicked off the team there before he ever played a game. He played one year at Southern Miss, averaged 13 points per game, then flunked out.

 

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Shouldn't have doubted my first thought.

Carruth was a five star player out of high school and did absolute nothing at UK. This has to be the biggest bust of all time.

 

I agree :thumb:

I am not going to list those that were head cases or kicked off after one year as busts (i.e. Carruth, Legion, Parker, etc.).

 

Marvin Stone would be my biggest bust in recent times.

 

 

His life ended way to early.

I have to say Tubby Smith. With all the support he received he sure did let the talent pool dwindle. I always remember him saying he wanted role players. Seems that mentality had subsided in the Big Blue Nation.

 

Finally:notworthy:

 

Winning a national championship, having four “Elite Eight” appearances, winning five SEC titles, and five SEC Tournament titles disqualifies ANY coach from being a bust.

 

Sorry...

Winning a national championship, having four “Elite Eight” appearances, winning five SEC titles, and five SEC Tournament titles disqualifies ANY coach from being a bust.

 

Sorry...

 

You are 100% correct.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.