Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bracken coaching changes again!

Featured Replies

ALL IN: The reason that Jamey Johnson's name has not been mentioned is VERY simple, it is because of the anti-nepotism rule they have @ Bracken County and most schools. That dis-allows Jamey Johnson to even apply for the position because his father is the Superintendent. PLEASE try and understand that!

 

In the end it doesn't matter really who becomes the coach at Bracken County, girls or boys. The parents and the fans are NEVER going step away from the program enough to allow a coach to coach!

 

Another thing that Bracken County may want to remember, your program is not the University of Kentucky. I have no issue with fans believing in their program, I do mine! However, this is going to be the 5th coach in just several or so years that this program for whatever reason has had!

  • Replies 146
  • Views 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALL IN: The reason that Jamey Johnson's name has not been mentioned is VERY simple, it is because of the anti-nepotism rule they have @ Bracken County and most schools. That dis-allows Jamey Johnson to even apply for the position because his father is the Superintendent. PLEASE try and understand that!

 

In the end it doesn't matter really who becomes the coach at Bracken County, girls or boys. The parents and the fans are NEVER going step away from the program enough to allow a coach to coach!

 

Another thing that Bracken County may want to remember, your program is not the University of Kentucky. I have no issue with fans believing in their program, I do mine! However, this is going to be the 5th coach in just several or so years that this program for whatever reason has had!

 

Believe me, I know your frustration. We have finally found a coach that has been allowed to coach his program without outside interference. Things are looking bright here. I wish the best of luck to Bracken that the same thing happens there.:thumb:

He might have been young and inexperienced but he won 9 games at Bracken County when they won 5 the year before.

 

You Bracken County people are full of false hope, you will never compete for anything just as you have the whole existence of Western Civilization. I know he was offered the job at my alma-mater Bellevue last year and wish he would have taken that.

 

Before you make statements like that you should actually look up facts. They won more this year simply because they had another year of expieience. Fite would have won more if he had stayed too.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

before you make statements like that you should actually look up facts. They won more this year simply because they had another year of expieience. Fite would have won more if he had stayed too.

 

Not all true as they were minus their point guard who had the most experience of all the players and Coach Breeze walked into that job with no experienced point player, yet they still won 9 games, taking nothing away from the previous coach before Coach Breeze as Coach Fite is a good one as well.

 

Has Coach Breeze signed a contract with Pulaski? Anyone fill me in on that one?

Pretty watered down schedule too.

Pretty watered down schedule too.

 

I don't think you can ever call a schedule watered down at a school like Bracken County.

 

If you expect them to beat or compete with schools the caliber of Mason County and Clark County, etc then you have no idea about the game of basketball. Bracken County has one or two players that could play at those types of schools, and they would be about the 8th or 9th man on varsity and start on the JV team.

 

I also talked to my brother who has a son in the Bracken County school system. He said that counting the loss of their point guard, Bracken County loss three starters off the team that won five games. Appelman, Williams and the other name I don't recall. So PB1994, I did check my information.

Not all true as they were minus their point guard who had the most experience of all the players and Coach Breeze walked into that job with no experienced point player, yet they still won 9 games, taking nothing away from the previous coach before Coach Breeze as Coach Fite is a good one as well.

 

Has Coach Breeze signed a contract with Pulaski? Anyone fill me in on that one?

 

Coach Breeze lost to St. Patrick 5 TIMES, nuff said, lets move on instead of saying what he shoulda, coulda, woulda done with this player or that player,etc. It's called COACHING and making NECESSARY adjustments, doing the best with what you got, teaching defense, getting the ball inside to your 6'4 players from time to time,etc.

Coach Breeze lost to St. Patrick 5 TIMES, nuff said, lets move on instead of saying what he shoulda, coulda, woulda done with this player or that player,etc. It's called COACHING and making NECESSARY adjustments, doing the best with what you got, teaching defense, getting the ball inside to your 6'4 players from time to time,etc.

 

Its called a couple of things, don't put your team in a position to play a team 6 times in a season, and before he got there that schedule was set. Don't set your tournament up to where your playing teams in your district/region that you know your playing multiple times already. Its also called give the coach more than one year despite who he is, give him 3 to 4 years to try and right the ship. Heck Coach Cal at UK said if you want immediate turnaround with this program at Kentucky, you have hired the wrong guy. Its also called lets be realistic and realize what you have inherited, what injuries you have encountered, get aclimated with the kids, let the kids learn a system to play in and be comfortable and with the youth that Bracken has, this could have been accomplished but not when you hire a coach and let him go after one season. This realistically too many won't ever be accomplished when you have some kids that will play for 3 different coaches in their 4 year high school career. What a shame for the kids. Ok we can move on. Best of luck to whoever they hire this time. Sounds like a one could put a finger on several different issues surrounding this topic and I don't think its fair to point it at just the head coach! Sure responsibilities have to fall on the head ball coach, but unfortunately in this situation one season is not enough.

Its called a couple of things, don't put your team in a position to play a team 6 times in a season, and before he got there that schedule was set. Don't set your tournament up to where your playing teams in your district/region that you know your playing multiple times already. Its also called give the coach more than one year despite who he is, give him 3 to 4 years to try and right the ship. Heck Coach Cal at UK said if you want immediate turnaround with this program at Kentucky, you have hired the wrong guy. Its also called lets be realistic and realize what you have inherited, what injuries you have encountered, get aclimated with the kids, let the kids learn a system to play in and be comfortable and with the youth that Bracken has, this could have been accomplished but not when you hire a coach and let him go after one season. This realistically too many won't ever be accomplished when you have some kids that will play for 3 different coaches in their 4 year high school career. What a shame for the kids. Ok we can move on. Best of luck to whoever they hire this time. Sounds like a one could put a finger on several different issues surrounding this topic and I don't think its fair to point it at just the head coach! Sure responsibilities have to fall on the head ball coach, but unfortunately in this situation one season is not enough.

Exactly right PR. :thumb:

Lets be honest all you Bracken Co. fans and alumni, Bracken Co. can't keep a coach b/c of two simple reasons.

1. No Clue

2. No players

 

Lets talk about why I say no clue. The administration and whoever is in the hiring process could care less about the student athlete. I say this because ive lived here my whole life and scene it with my own eyes. When you are hiring a new coach every other year you are hurting the kids, why would I send my son to a school where parents and not the coach is calling the shots. Not only do they constantly complain but these people get results. So who will we hire this time will it be Jason Hinson, Patrick Kelsch, or Chad Persinger. You know what I bet Bracken shakes it up and hires none of the three, I have heard Eastern Kentucky's manager is interested in the job. What I'm trying to say is it don't matter who they get they will always be horrible for the simple fact the people around brooksville have NO CLUE what it takes to be sucessful.

So now let's look at the players side of it, I say no players because they have no real ball players. They just don't produce players out and around brooksville, I mean when is the last time you had any sucess with brooksville or Bracken Co. kids????

I think the last time you was sucessful was in 04 I think they had an augusta kid by the name of Andrew King. And then in 99 and 98 another king boy and Jamey Johnson and Adam Reed. Are you getting the picture yet??

O yeah early 90's but there was three kids from deming on that team. Shawn Stewart, Jamie Morgan, and Aaron Massey. So as you can see you all need more than a coach.

Can someone please tell me in the last 30 years if there has been a sucessful Polar Bear team without them having to go and get the best kids from augusta or mt. olivet, I would love to know??????????

RuSerious wow well............you have hit the nail on the head in several areas. If they would have kept the leadership they had in the early 2000's they would have continued to bring in better coaches which in turn tends to bring in better players. But the county has what they want. Home grown central office employees who have blinders on and a continuous merry go round in the football and basketball programs. Besides if they would have kept the superintendent prior to this he has a bunch of young athletes who are dominating there respective leagues in basketball and baseball. :ylsuper: You can't run off the guys with the athletes as kids!!!!!! :D

Lets be honest all you Bracken Co. fans and alumni, Bracken Co. can't keep a coach b/c of two simple reasons.

1. No Clue

2. No players

 

Lets talk about why I say no clue. The administration and whoever is in the hiring process could care less about the student athlete. I say this because ive lived here my whole life and scene it with my own eyes. When you are hiring a new coach every other year you are hurting the kids, why would I send my son to a school where parents and not the coach is calling the shots. Not only do they constantly complain but these people get results. So who will we hire this time will it be Jason Hinson, Patrick Kelsch, or Chad Persinger. You know what I bet Bracken shakes it up and hires none of the three, I have heard Eastern Kentucky's manager is interested in the job. What I'm trying to say is it don't matter who they get they will always be horrible for the simple fact the people around brooksville have NO CLUE what it takes to be sucessful.

So now let's look at the players side of it, I say no players because they have no real ball players. They just don't produce players out and around brooksville, I mean when is the last time you had any sucess with brooksville or Bracken Co. kids????

I think the last time you was sucessful was in 04 I think they had an augusta kid by the name of Andrew King. And then in 99 and 98 another king boy and Jamey Johnson and Adam Reed. Are you getting the picture yet??

O yeah early 90's but there was three kids from deming on that team. Shawn Stewart, Jamie Morgan, and Aaron Massey. So as you can see you all need more than a coach.

Can someone please tell me in the last 30 years if there has been a sucessful Polar Bear team without them having to go and get the best kids from augusta or mt. olivet, I would love to know??????????

I don't think Andrew King was from Augusta,he does live between Brooksville and Augusta though.

Andrew King grew up playing with Thomas Appleman, Brian Kirk, Ryan Teegarden, Jermey Zeigler, and Alex Thornsbury. Im pretty sure you can say he is from Augusta. Might live on 19 but he hooped in the A.

Andrew King grew up playing with Thomas Appleman, Brian Kirk, Ryan Teegarden, Jermey Zeigler, and Alex Thornsbury. Im pretty sure you can say he is from Augusta. Might live on 19 but he hooped in the A.

Did he go to school in Augusta or just go down there to play ball in his free time?

I am almost positive he started in the Augusta school system but I would want somebody to confirm that. Could very well be wrong. Anyone??

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.