Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bracken coaching changes again!

Featured Replies

I am almost positive he started in the Augusta school system but I would want somebody to confirm that. Could very well be wrong. Anyone??

 

Fairly sure he played Ball at Augusta when he was in Middle School. His mother also taught at Augusta.

  • Replies 146
  • Views 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fairly sure he played Ball at Augusta when he was in Middle School. His mother also taught at Augusta.

 

I believe you would be correct here.

If Bracken was so bad, then why did these talented Augusta and Deming players come here to play?

The reason that these kids transfer to Bracken is unknown, I can't give you those answers. I can tell you that Bracken Co. would have not won anything if it wasn't for these transfers. Someone please tell me what Bracken Co. team was good that did'nt have kids from different schools.

The reason that these kids transfer to Bracken is unknown, I can't give you those answers. I can tell you that Bracken Co. would have not won anything if it wasn't for these transfers. Someone please tell me what Bracken Co. team was good that did'nt have kids from different schools.

I think you could say that about a lot of schools in todays environment.:rolleyes:

If you are talking about Mason Co. well of course kids are going there now. The parents that send there kids to Mason are sending them to be sucessful like I talked about earlier. Again if you had kids and they where good you send them somewhere to be great not ok.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

If you are talking about Mason Co. well of course kids are going there now. The parents that send there kids to mason are sending them to be sucessful like I talked about earlier. Again if you had kids and they where good you send them somewhere to be great not ok.

All I'm saying is you are ripping on Bracken about not having any talent unless some transfers come in, same can be said about a lot of schools that have had success. Take the transfers off the team and they would not have been as good as they were either. How many transfers did Bracken have on their state championship team? My guess is none, but only a guess.:idunno:

Andrew King went to school @ St. Augustine, the small Catholic school in Augusta through 8th grade and played ball @ Augusta in their middle school program. He then transferred to Bracken County upon entering his freshman season. A very good player who tremendously helped Bracken County. The key there was that Andrew's family are Augusta people, at least on his moms side.

If you are talking about Mason Co. well of course kids are going there now. The parents that send there kids to Mason are sending them to be sucessful like I talked about earlier. Again if you had kids and they where good you send them somewhere to be great not ok.

 

Not always the case.

Lets be honest all you Bracken Co. fans and alumni, Bracken Co. can't keep a coach b/c of two simple reasons.

1. No Clue

2. No players

 

Lets talk about why I say no clue. The administration and whoever is in the hiring process could care less about the student athlete. I say this because ive lived here my whole life and scene it with my own eyes. When you are hiring a new coach every other year you are hurting the kids, why would I send my son to a school where parents and not the coach is calling the shots. Not only do they constantly complain but these people get results. So who will we hire this time will it be Jason Hinson, Patrick Kelsch, or Chad Persinger. You know what I bet Bracken shakes it up and hires none of the three, I have heard Eastern Kentucky's manager is interested in the job. What I'm trying to say is it don't matter who they get they will always be horrible for the simple fact the people around brooksville have NO CLUE what it takes to be sucessful.

So now let's look at the players side of it, I say no players because they have no real ball players. They just don't produce players out and around brooksville, I mean when is the last time you had any sucess with brooksville or Bracken Co. kids????

I think the last time you was sucessful was in 04 I think they had an augusta kid by the name of Andrew King. And then in 99 and 98 another king boy and Jamey Johnson and Adam Reed. Are you getting the picture yet??

O yeah early 90's but there was three kids from deming on that team. Shawn Stewart, Jamie Morgan, and Aaron Massey. So as you can see you all need more than a coach.

Can someone please tell me in the last 30 years if there has been a sucessful Polar Bear team without them having to go and get the best kids from augusta or mt. olivet, I would love to know??????????

RuSerious, Are you serious?, "No one cares"?, evidently you do by posting a mini book on this thread. This thread alone has been viewed almost 3,000 times, so yes a few care. I never ever ever thought I would hear about anyone complaining about Bracken County getting players from other counties a DECADE to TWO DECADES ago, you've gone into the archives.:ohbrother:

What about the state tournament teams in the,was it the 30's and 40's? Were they legit? Any Augusta or Mt. Olivet young men on those teams?:rolleyes:

Announcement coming soon... according to my insider.

 

Thats what Im hearing as well. And in my opinion he deserves the job.

Well please let us all know who will be the next coach at Bracken Co.. If it's not the Kelsch guy from AUGUSTA then who will it be.

Well please let us all know who will be the next coach at Bracken Co.. If it's not the Kelsch guy from AUGUSTA then who will it be.

 

:rolleyes: :ohbrother:

Well please let us all know who will be the next coach at Bracken Co.. If it's not the Kelsch guy from AUGUSTA then who will it be.

 

:rolleyes: :ohbrother:

 

Please tell me this person is kidding...

:DA Kelsch guy from Augusta.....Well that narrows it down to oh..........50 guys????

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.