Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Do you think Patterson will actually go?

Featured Replies

With the guy from CBS Sportsline saying he thinks Patterson will go to the NBA, I was wondering is this what is holding up Orton on his decision? Thoughts?

  • Replies 53
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am surprised he hasn't made an announcement yet to test the waters. I hope he doesn't hire an agent. If hes guaranteed a top 20 pick I'd say he would go and maybe he should. But if hes in the large realm of being called a late 1st rounder then I think he needs to come back.

  • Author
I am surprised he hasn't made an announcement yet to test the waters. I hope he doesn't hire an agent. If hes guaranteed a top 20 pick I'd say he would go and maybe he should. But if hes in the large realm of being called a late 1st rounder then I think he needs to come back.

 

Same here. :thumb:

I think Patterson will go if he feels he will be drafted in the middle of the first round. Any where lower than that and I think he returns to UK. I think he will be a solid contributer in the NBA, but the fact is he is a 6'9 post player with limited range, and he has a tendency to play below the rim. If you play below the rim in the NBA then you usually don't get off the bench.

I think he is 50/50. His mother is an educator and, coming from a son of a teacher, she wants him to stay and graduate, but, money talks!

I sure hope he doesn't try, because he isn't near ready and he will just be coming right back to Lexington.

  • Author
I sure hope he doesn't try, because he isn't near ready and he will just be coming right back to Lexington.

 

:dancingpa

I've never wavered in my belief that he will go and should go. I still feel that while he could improve his game and improve his status into a lottery pick, he would take a great risk in not going now because he is projected in the mid-first round, and another injury will be a huge blow to his status.

I think Patterson will go if he feels he will be drafted in the middle of the first round. Any where lower than that and I think he returns to UK. I think he will be a solid contributer in the NBA, but the fact is he is a 6'9 post player with limited range, and he has a tendency to play below the rim. If you play below the rim in the NBA then you usually don't get off the bench.

 

He's no 6'9''. He more like 6'6''. He's a warrior though. There's room for someone like him on every NBA roster.

He's no 6'9''. He more like 6'6''. He's a warrior though. There's room for someone like him on every NBA roster.

 

:confused: 6'6" :confused:

:confused: 6'6" :confused:

 

6'9'' he ain't that. He's somewhere inbetween 6'7'' and 6'6''. He's listed 6'9'' though.

  • Author
6'9'' he ain't that. He's somewhere inbetween 6'7'' and 6'6''. He's listed 6'9'' though.

 

Then how tall or "long" is Blair ? I believe PPat is at the least 6' 8 ". My son has a class with him and swears he is at least that. JMO

I think Patterson would benefit greatly from coming back and playing with a true center. That might allow him to better his dribbling, passing, and outside shooting. Remember, he's been the 5-man for Kentucky for both years and he definitely won't be playing that spot in the NBA.

 

Of course the negative is that he's been at UK for two years and has had injury derailments both seasons. Another one of those and NBA folks might shy away.

 

Bottom line: I'm not totally sure Patterson is ready to play in the NBA, but there might never be a better time to be a 10-20 pick than this year, just because of the relative weakness of the overall draft.

I don't think that Patterson goes because he Patterson knows that he needs to stay one more year...show that he can play in an NBA style of offense which Calipari's system is. Patterson also stated himself he needs to show more consistency shooting the mid range jump shop to be more attractive to teams in the NBA because he knows he can not make a living playing with his back to the basket in the NBA. I agree with other posters who says that Patterson is a beast and would make an NBA team, but JMO is that Patterson comes back as he has stated one of his dreams was to help take Kentucky on a deep run in the NCAA and as of yet he has not played in an NCAA Tournament game. I know money talks...but sometimes heart wins out over the pocketbook in some cases...or at least delays the pocketbook payday.

I think Patterson would benefit greatly from coming back and playing with a true center. That might allow him to better his dribbling, passing, and outside shooting. Remember, he's been the 5-man for Kentucky for both years and he definitely won't be playing that spot in the NBA.

 

Of course the negative is that he's been at UK for two years and has had injury derailments both seasons. Another one of those and NBA folks might shy away.

 

Bottom line: I'm not totally sure Patterson is ready to play in the NBA, but there might never be a better time to be a 10-20 pick than this year, just because of the relative weakness of the overall draft.

 

I agree that the NBA Draft as far as players from here in the college ranks is not the best...but in a year like this the wildcard will be how many foreign players will be drafted in the 1st round sliding players like Patterson and others down the draft board this year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.