Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How about Kyle Macy on Cal's staff?

Featured Replies

Is this based on coaching ability?

 

Or is there some other underlying reason that maybe I don't want to know?

 

Not a good HC, seemed to me to be better suited to an Asst.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't think into it to much. Cal will clearly be the recruiter on the national stage, maybe he just wants to get someone to lock up KY... a place he isn't that well known in. Could be brilliant when recruiting for instate guys against Pitino.

Pitino vs Macy, as far as recuiting goes would be no contest!

Pitino vs Macy, as far as recuiting goes would be no contest!

 

But it would be Macy recruiting them to play for Cal. Cal doesn't even need to do it just a lil strategy but who knows how many kids Cal will even take from KY.

Isn't he coaching some minor-pro team in Kentucky that is upcoming?

 

Yes. There's a semipro team in league apparently with the Lebanon one. They were trying hard to build up interest by selling Kyle Macy as the drawing card.

 

Don't get me wrong: I like Kyle a lot, and he has always been way more than cordial toward me. But those semipro teams need to understand that A) Folks in Kentucky don't care about pro basketball; at least to the point of going to see it in person, and B) While an extremely nice guy, as a coach, Kyle Macy is an extremely nice guy.

 

I'm amazed the Lebanon team made it to a second year. I think they played a grand total of eight games last year. But I may be wrong.

Not a good HC, seemed to me to be better suited to an Asst.

 

Seemed to be a better tennis coach, to me.

I'm not going to sit and bash him on a message board because he might be a great guy but I was totally unimpressed the couple of times I was around him. Gave us the snub and Morehead was awful while he was there.

I really like Coach Cal but his teams can use all the free throw shooting help they can get.

I hope UK fans don't expect JC to hand out coaching jobs to a bunch of former UK players. His job is to put the best staff he can together.

 

Kyle Macy, Kenny Walker, Sean Woods and Sam Bowie are not the type of guys he needs on his staff.

I hope UK fans don't expect JC to hand out coaching jobs to a bunch of former UK players. His job is to put the best staff he can together.

 

Kyle Macy, Kenny Walker, Sean Woods and Sam Bowie are not the type of guys he needs on his staff.

 

^ Aggreed but isnt Sean Woods a division 1 coach? At Mississippi Valley State maybe?

I wouldn't think into it to much. Cal will clearly be the recruiter on the national stage, maybe he just wants to get someone to lock up KY... a place he isn't that well known in. Could be brilliant when recruiting for instate guys against Pitino.

 

:thumb: Could be. Also, imo Cal is making it a point to let Kentucky basketball fans know that he wants to connect with them, the past and tradition of U.K, basketball. From saying that he had always dreamed of coaching here, mentioning Bill Keightly and his family in the first sentence of his presser to mentioning all the "banners" and the people that put them there along with several past players including Macy. Clapari wants to stress that he knows and respects the history and tradition of this place. Adding Macy may be one way to do that.

 

I trust Coach Cal to assemble his staff in the best way that he knows how though. I kinda think and trust in that he knows what he's doing. :D

The better fit at Kentucky, IMO, would be Allen Edwards who has 5-6 years experience as a DI assistant.

The better fit at Kentucky, IMO, would be Allen Edwards who has 5-6 years experience as a DI assistant.

 

^ Would be a solid choice! How about Happy Osborne as an asst. coach? He's not a former player but has accomplished great things at Georgetown!

^ Would be a solid choice! How about Happy Osborne as an asst. coach? He's not a former player but has accomplished great things at Georgetown!

 

I don't think Happy's "methods" would be looked upon too kindly by the NCAA.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.