Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How about Kyle Macy on Cal's staff?

Featured Replies

I'll pass, if you can't win the OVC with Ricky Minard and Chez Marks there's something wrong.

 

Don't forget Marquis Sykes.

 

Thats why I was saying pass. Minard, Sykes and Marks should have walked to the OVC title, but Macy couldn't get it done. I didn't think it was possible to have that kind of talent running around for a few years and not win atleast one OVC title.

  • Replies 53
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Murray State had better teams in that era.

 

Ricky Minard, Chez Marks and Sykes were as talented of a trio as any in the OVC. There is no excuse for them to never have won that conference. A decent coach like Tyndall and Morehead wins 2 or 3 OVC titles during the Minard years.

The better fit at Kentucky, IMO, would be Allen Edwards who has 5-6 years experience as a DI assistant.

 

I never realized that.

 

That's good to hear.

No. Plain and simple...

Ricky Minard, Chez Marks and Sykes were as talented of a trio as any in the OVC. There is no excuse for them to never have won that conference. A decent coach like Tyndall and Morehead wins 2 or 3 OVC titles during the Minard years.
Morehead had a talented trio. Murray had the better team, for the most part.

I say we go at these 3 former players in order of 1 being the best option, Walter McCarty, Jamal Mashburn, or Rex Champman. I know it'd be hard to take any of these three from their current jobs. With Walter being at Louisville, Jamal being on ESPN, or Rex who's with the Nuggets. I think having these guys sell the UK program and even how each had successful careers in the NBA would be a huge help.

Morehead had a talented trio. Murray had the better team, for the most part.

 

Wouldn't that have possibly have been because they were better coached?

I'm not going to sit and bash him on a message board because he might be a great guy but I was totally unimpressed the couple of times I was around him. Gave us the snub and Morehead was awful while he was there.

 

He is very good at giving the snub, he very rarely even acknowledged folks at Morehead, just not what you want in a coach in a large program. IMHO.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.