March 30, 200917 yr I doubt he'd forcefully remove them. I suspect he would nudge them in that direction if this scenario actually plays out. Didn't Pitino do something similar when he was amassing the group that ultimately ended up on that great '96 sqaud? But, to play devil's advocate... What if you were John Calipari? You can bring enough studs in to make your team good, or a possible contender if 2 or 3 guys from the current roster stay. Or, you can let those guys go elsewhere to keep Michael Porter and Ramon Harris and possibly struggle. It's his head on the chopping block if things don't go well. I'm not saying I agree or disagree. Just that I can see both sides of this possible scenario. Let's not forget Pitino didn't "forcefully" remove R. Rhodes...he just decided to leave after 3 years...it happens guys, that is part of the business.
March 30, 200917 yr ESPN is reporting the deal could be worth up to $5 mill per year. Can you post where you are reading that at?
March 30, 200917 yr Let's not forget Pitino didn't "forcefully" remove R. Rhodes...he just decided to leave after 3 years...it happens guys, that is part of the business. And, I don't think any current players will be "forcefully" removed either. Does it make it better to nudge a guy out the door rather than push him?
March 30, 200917 yr Can you post where you are reading that at? Report: Calipari close to a deal with Kentucky in excess of $5M per season. Read it on ESPNNEWS bottom line.
March 30, 200917 yr Report: Calipari close to a deal with Kentucky in excess of $5M per season. Read it on ESPNNEWS bottom line. :thumb: Just seen it! Hope they make it official word from either university soon.
March 30, 200917 yr He also is saying the matching of the offer is old news, and that Cal told Memphis it isn't about the money....
March 30, 200917 yr He also is saying the matching of the offer is old news, and that Cal told Memphis it isn't about the money.... I hope your right...:thumb:
March 30, 200917 yr Marc Maggard Memphis matched UK's offer much earlier in the day...the meeting now is Calipari trying to get Tony B hired as his replacement.... Cal already said not to a matched offer That is what he updated it to. Word for word.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.