Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The UK Coach A-list.

Featured Replies

Positives and negatives as I see them -

 

 

Billy Donovan - He won 2 straight titles, is young, has been here before and is a solid recruiter.

 

Was the titles a fluke? He has been in the NIT 2 straight years. Is he a good X/O guy? I honestly don't think he is coming.

 

 

Tom Izzo - Great X/O guy, proven over a number of years at big time program, won a title, can handle the pressure.

 

Can he recruit outside Michigan/Ohio? Is he a long term guy? Style of play?

 

 

John Calipari - Man simply wins, master recruiter, seems like a solid X/O guy, style of play is exciting.

 

Can he recruit clean/without FedEx? Can he win the big game? Can he win in a BCS conference?

 

 

Feel free to add to the list.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Positives and negatives as I see them -

 

 

Billy Donovan - He won 2 straight titles, is young, has been here before and is a solid recruiter.

 

Was the titles a fluke? He has been in the NIT 2 straight years. Is he a good X/O guy? I honestly don't think he is coming.

 

 

Tom Izzo - Great X/O guy, proven over a number of years at big time program, won a title, can handle the pressure.

 

Can he recruit outside Michigan/Ohio? Is he a long term guy? Style of play?

 

 

John Calipari - Man simply wins, master recruiter, seems like a solid X/O guy, style of play is exciting.

 

Can he recruit clean/without FedEx? Can he win the big game? Can he win in a BCS conference?

 

 

Feel free to add to the list.

 

I love that when people say style of play. What style of play is negative? Winning style of play? because that is what he does.

I love that when people say style of play. What style of play is negative? Winning style of play? because that is what he does.

 

 

Not to turn this into a Tubby thread, but the number one complaint from UK fans was style of play. After he followed Rick any pace was slower.

Not to turn this into a Tubby thread, but the number one complaint from UK fans was style of play. After he followed Rick any pace was slower.

 

I was saying that is a silly complaint imo.

If I could pick a coach, I'd pick Jay Wright from Villanova. I love how his guards play and how he plays an uptempo game. Great coach.

1. Calipari

2. Wright

3. Izzo

4. Dixon

5. Anyone but Ford.

Dixon recruits a bruising style of player. Wouldnt mind seeing a Blair or Fields type player in Blue.

I was saying that is a silly complaint imo.

 

Its not silly when big time recruits say no to your school because of it.

Izzo said today he's going to keep working for MSU.

Travis Ford will be the next UK coach if Donovan turns it down. That's who Todd wants.

I think Cal still has some say so in that....

I think Cal still has some say so in that....

 

We can only hope.

1. Calipari

2. Wright

3. Izzo

4. Dixon

5. Anyone but Ford.

 

As much as I would like this, I don't see him leaving Villanova, he has established a nice program down there and I don't see why he would want to leave, and not to mention he has a very nice class coming into Nova next year as well.

Izzo said today he's going to keep working for MSU.

 

And what would you expect him to say when he's heading to the Final Four?? "I'm going to try to win it all, before I quit & head to Kentucky??" :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.