March 30, 200917 yr Positives and negatives as I see them - Billy Donovan - He won 2 straight titles, is young, has been here before and is a solid recruiter. Was the titles a fluke? He has been in the NIT 2 straight years. Is he a good X/O guy? I honestly don't think he is coming. Tom Izzo - Great X/O guy, proven over a number of years at big time program, won a title, can handle the pressure. Can he recruit outside Michigan/Ohio? Is he a long term guy? Style of play? John Calipari - Man simply wins, master recruiter, seems like a solid X/O guy, style of play is exciting. Can he recruit clean/without FedEx? Can he win the big game? Can he win in a BCS conference? Feel free to add to the list. I think it has to be one of those three. Besides them, the best coaches in the country in no particular order are: Pitino, Williams, Coach K, Boheim, Calhoun, and Bill Self. I don't see any of those guys coming, so I sure hope it is either one of the three you have listed. Personally, I like Izzo's style and five Final Fours in 11 years is hard to argue with.
March 30, 200917 yr Rick Pitino as the next head coach at Kentucky. Signs a 5 year contract under the understanding that his son takes over the program in 5 years! What do you think about that? Much like God looking down and saying " Lucifer, my forgotten son, welcome home and lead my angels." Pure blasphemy IMO!
March 30, 200917 yr Rick Pitino as the next head coach at Kentucky. Signs a 5 year contract under the understanding that his son takes over the program in 5 years! What do you think about that? I heard this one plus he would become the AD at the end of the 5 years also. No source just a bad rumor.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.