March 28, 200917 yr I think a better question is this: What did he do at Kentucky that he didn't do at Texas-El Paso and Texas A&M? If he did the same stuff there, shouldn't the UK administration had known that?
March 28, 200917 yr Author I think a better question is this: What did he do at Kentucky that he didn't do at Texas-El Paso and Texas A&M? If he did the same stuff there, shouldn't the UK administration had known that? EXCELLENT question! Get someone to change the thread title and credit you.
March 28, 200917 yr IMO, some of the stuff he did was never passed along to MB and LT from previous places. The biggest thing that he did which impacted MB was the abuse of players. Challenging them when they were hurt...calling the derogatory names . Meeks running Memorial Coliseum steps, day after he injured groin last season. Challenging Jasper's manhood over his knee. That is why he left...recall the info UNLV trainers said about him only being able to extend knee so far??? Miller at SEC Tourney after colliding in practice and hitting head... On and on....essentially Meeks would have transferred if he stayed, as would have others. Meeks was a whipping boy of his. Off court transgressions...nothing in particular...references to drinking.
March 28, 200917 yr I think a better question is this: What did he do at Kentucky that he didn't do at Texas-El Paso and Texas A&M? If he did the same stuff there, shouldn't the UK administration had known that? I agree, they should be held accountable....would love to see the evaluation they recieve this year....:walk:
March 28, 200917 yr The clips of the news conference I saw didn't really give any specific answers as to why BCG was being "not retained". I wonder if the "expectations" were as ambiguously communicated to him as a coach as they were presented at the press conference.
March 28, 200917 yr The clips of the news conference I saw didn't really give any specific answers as to why BCG was being "not retained". I wonder if the "expectations" were as ambiguously communicated to him as a coach as they were presented at the press conference. :thumb: President Todd as much as admitted so. The only thing him and Coach G rarely discussed was the unsigned contract.
March 28, 200917 yr I think what you have is a non-disclosure deal in place. You gets out with cheap buy out and both parties agree to non-disclose...give him opportunity to coach elsewhere.
March 28, 200917 yr MB stated during the press conference that the deal they had was year to year and they buyout would be much less that $6 million. It appeared to me that neither MB or LT like BCG very much. They seemed very uncomfortable in the conference and did not want to say much other than it was not a good fit.
March 28, 200917 yr I think a better question is this: What did he do at Kentucky that he didn't do at Texas-El Paso and Texas A&M? If he did the same stuff there, shouldn't the UK administration had known that? But wouldn't that stuff have come out? If not by those schools, then his past players? I am not all about these so called rumors that attack someone and possibly ruin them! If some of the stuff I am hearing is true, then MB and LT should have let Billy G go at the begining of the season, or last year, but they did not, which tells me A LOT! It could just be players venting, upset how they were treated, anyone notice Liggins interview? It may have been in South Bend ofter the ND lose, but it was within the past two days, he ONLY mentions HIMSELF! He is talking about HIS playing time, HE says he did everything right and coach never played him, seems like some sour grapes coming out now, and kicking a man in the rear as he is walking away.
March 28, 200917 yr The whole Florida game incident about him telling Meeks not to shoot, that happened. From what I've heard he tried to kick players off the team in the middle of games on multiple occassions.
March 28, 200917 yr I really don't think that a list of transgressions or dirty laundry was going to be, or ever will be, released. What was done with the firing was done and there is no need to air it all after the fact. It accomplishes nothing to do that. How much would another school have disclosed IF they wanted a coach with issues gone without doing what UK did yesterday? Just a thought. What if there were issues somewhere else, that the school was not asked about when approached about talking to said interviewee, so they just never volunteered answers?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.