Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

List of what Billy G did wrong.

Featured Replies

There is one issue that COULD be related to any possible rumor that is out there, but I am not sure how well known it is so I m not going to post it. But again, unless I see something happen with my own eyes, I don't put too much stock in it anymore.

  • Replies 41
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Worst win % since 1929 on top of that.

I still don't think it was wins, if Billy D. wouldve came 2 years ago and went 30-30 he would still be the coach.

 

Billy G.'s problem was....

 

PR

"Not in my job description."

I still don't think it was wins, if Billy D. wouldve came 2 years ago and went 30-30 he would still be the coach.

 

Billy G.'s problem was....

 

PR

 

:thumb:

 

Tubby and Rick both realized the job was 80% PR, 20% actual coaching. Billy Clyde didn't.

There is one issue that COULD be related to any possible rumor that is out there, but I am not sure how well known it is so I m not going to post it. But again, unless I see something happen with my own eyes, I don't put too much stock in it anymore.

 

I wonder if this is the same rumor that I have heard involving one of the reasons why Legion decided to transfer. I don't know how appropriate it is for these forums or if it's even true, so I won't post mine either.

I think a better question is this:

 

What did he do at Kentucky that he didn't do at Texas-El Paso and Texas A&M? If he did the same stuff there, shouldn't the UK administration had known that?

 

One of my professors favorite quotes is, "The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior."

Well won 40 games in 2 years. (UK fans expect 26-30 wins a YEAR)

 

Lost to VMI, Gardner-Webb, and Vandy beat them by what, close to 80 points?

 

They missed the NCAA tournament.......................hm, I'm sure I can end this list right now.

He didn't win.

He was a complete jerk.

He didn't win.

The players hated him.

He didn't win.

His offense resembled a fourth grade game.

He didn't win.

He was to stubborn to change his defense or make in game adjustments.

He didn't win.

He didn't win.

He was a complete jerk.

He didn't win.

The players hated him.

He didn't win.

His offense resembled a fourth grade game.

He didn't win.

He was to stubborn to change his defense or make in game adjustments.

He didn't win.

 

So you weren't a fan? :jump:

IMO, some of the stuff he did was never passed along to MB and LT from previous places.

 

The biggest thing that he did which impacted MB was the abuse of players.

Challenging them when they were hurt...calling the derogatory names .

Meeks running Memorial Coliseum steps, day after he injured groin last season. Challenging Jasper's manhood over his knee. That is why he left...recall the info UNLV trainers said about him only being able to extend knee so far???

Miller at SEC Tourney after colliding in practice and hitting head...

On and on....essentially Meeks would have transferred if he stayed, as would have others. Meeks was a whipping boy of his.

Off court transgressions...nothing in particular...references to drinking.

 

Add to the list physically assaulting players, throwing players off the team bus and major misconduct by assistant coaches.The guy is not right upstairs that's why he is gone.

Did you all realize that the search firm UK hired to find BCG is the same one that suggested Kelvin Sampson to Indiana? Awesome.

Did you all realize that the search firm UK hired to find BCG is the same one that suggested Kelvin Sampson to Indiana? Awesome.

 

Maybe they thought it was a good way to create repeat business for themselves. If they found a 20 year coach for every school they would be out of business. Of course with that track record they should be out of business anyway.

Add to the list physically assaulting players, throwing players off the team bus and major misconduct by assistant coaches.The guy is not right upstairs that's why he is gone.

 

Which was? I haven't heard this.

So you weren't a fan? :jump:

 

I guess you could say that. :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.