Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Would it Take?

Featured Replies

What would it take to unite the Kentucky fan base again? Is it even possible at this point?

 

A few years ago we had our people who wanted Tubby to stay and our people who wanted him to go...

 

More recently, we had people who wanted Billy gone because they were still Tubby supporters, people who just didn't like his style, people that grew tired of him over the 2 years, and then you still had the supporters.

 

Billy Donovan has plenty of people who did not want him because he didn't come 2 years ago... And they weren't going to support him.

 

Travis Ford will apparently not have very many supporters at all if he comes, from the looks of things.

 

I don't want to talk about the past... I want to talk about RIGHT NOW. Besides those that have already said no, can anyone unite this fan base again? Be practical please.

Rupp??? Only answer I could come with and about the only one that could get it done.

 

Besides him nobody else could.

What would it take to unite the Kentucky fan base again? Is it even possible at this point?

 

A few years ago we had our people who wanted Tubby to stay and our people who wanted him to go...

 

More recently, we had people who wanted Billy gone because they were still Tubby supporters, people who just didn't like his style, people that grew tired of him over the 2 years, and then you still had the supporters.

 

Billy Donovan has plenty of people who did not want him because he didn't come 2 years ago... And they weren't going to support him.

 

Travis Ford will apparently not have very many supporters at all if he comes, from the looks of things.

 

I don't want to talk about the past... I want to talk about RIGHT NOW. Besides those that have already said no, can anyone unite this fan base again? Be practical please.

 

I think Billy Donovan would reunite the fan base. I mean I know he turned us down two years ago, so people say they wouldn't support him. However if he came here I bet they would change their minds very correctly. I think Travis Ford would reunite the fan base as well, but it wouldn't be until the season started and wins started to come. I think someone with UK ties and who wins will reunite the program.

 

I don't think Izzo, Jamie Dixon or anyone like that would change things. Because the years they are not successful people would be coplaining about their boring styles again since they are like Tubbys.

Don't think its possible to please all of Da Big Blue Nation. Seems like the fellowship of the miserables have been out on a big registration drive. I will root for Kentucky...period.

 

Two guys that could please maybe 80%.

 

1. Pat Riley- Hard resume to beat.

 

2. Dan Issel- He may have been the last guy to coach the Denver Nuggets to the playoffs. :D As far as I'm concerned he is the standard bearer for Kentucky basketball.

 

Don't know if either one would be interested, but when they spoke the Nation would listen. At least 80%

What would it take?

 

Win a national championship. Even if they eventually turned on the coach, it would unite those fans for that time. Sadly, that's probably it. If the last two years are any indication, the die hard Tubby supporters are not going to let it go any time soon, and if they hire anyone less than a top tier and PROVEN coach, you'll have another segment splinter as well.

Simple one name can, he did it before, Kentucky’s version of Jesus Christ, Rick Pitino, our savior!

2. Dan Issel- He may have been the last guy to coach the Denver Nuggets to the playoffs. :D

 

 

George Karl? You know, last year?

What would it take to unite the Kentucky fan base again? Is it even possible at this point?

 

A few years ago we had our people who wanted Tubby to stay and our people who wanted him to go...

 

More recently, we had people who wanted Billy gone because they were still Tubby supporters, people who just didn't like his style, people that grew tired of him over the 2 years, and then you still had the supporters.

 

Billy Donovan has plenty of people who did not want him because he didn't come 2 years ago... And they weren't going to support him.

 

Travis Ford will apparently not have very many supporters at all if he comes, from the looks of things.

 

I don't want to talk about the past... I want to talk about RIGHT NOW. Besides those that have already said no, can anyone unite this fan base again? Be practical please.

 

Run down to the hardware store and get a shovel, we could dig up Adolph Rupp, he may be the best choice to unite the fan base, and still might be a better coach than we can get at this point.

Win that's an easy one. Winning is the cure all! Personally I'm proud to have loved UK the way I have and to have arguably the most passionate fans in college sports! There are morons that support every program so I don't fall for that bait. People love to kick championship programs while they are down out of envy. It happens in every sport. UK will land on it's feet again. I think sooner rather than later. Sorry but I'm not letting the people that hate UK get me to feel bad for not lowering my standard to be happy with an NIT loss, SEC early tourny game loss and a brash coach that is a terrible fit!

Steelers fans wouldn't stand for it, Yankees fans wouldn't stand for it, Celts/Lakers fans wouldn't stand for it, Texas/ND/Bama etc football fans won't stand for it. It's one of the top jobs in all of sports. People can paint it as bad as they want. The bottom line is the coach came in and failed misrably but will still walk away a multi millionare with a solid job in the wings! Sorry I don't feel too bad for him. I wish him the best of luck because I think he absolutly loves the game but it was a bad fit. A lot say wait it out. My feelings are you made a mistake with the hire you can wait it out hoping a 40 some year old man will change his ways or you can admit you made a mistake and go correct it.

It's a done deal so I choose to look ahead instead of back!

George Karl? You know, last year?

 

My sarcasm is pretty bad I guess :idunno:

What would it take to unite the Kentucky fan base again? Is it even possible at this point?

 

A few years ago we had our people who wanted Tubby to stay and our people who wanted him to go...

 

More recently, we had people who wanted Billy gone because they were still Tubby supporters, people who just didn't like his style, people that grew tired of him over the 2 years, and then you still had the supporters.

 

Billy Donovan has plenty of people who did not want him because he didn't come 2 years ago... And they weren't going to support him.

 

Travis Ford will apparently not have very many supporters at all if he comes, from the looks of things.

 

I don't want to talk about the past... I want to talk about RIGHT NOW. Besides those that have already said no, can anyone unite this fan base again? Be practical please.

 

 

I believe anyone who can come in and have us back in the Top 10 every year will do the trick. When KY played in five Elite Eights and three Final fours in a span of six years, I don't recall hearing anyone complain.

 

We are Big Blue Nation. It is not unrealistic to expect an Elite Eight at least60% of the time and I think most would be satisfied with that as long as about half of those resulted in Final Fours.

My sarcasm is pretty bad I guess :idunno:

 

Guess so.

I don't mean to bash UK I just don't think that there are many good coaches out there, maybe 4 or 5 at best. Most of the others are pretenders, the others outright imposters.

I don't mean to bash UK I just don't think that there are many good coaches out there, maybe 4 or 5 at best. Most of the others are pretenders, the others outright imposters.

 

Six or seven at best.

 

1. Pitino

2. Williams

3. Izzo

4. Calipari

5. Donovan

6. Crean

7. Self

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.