Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Would it Take?

Featured Replies

Nobody knows what it will take... I just pray whoever it is can win over the fan base longer then a few years.

Six or seven at best.

 

1. Pitino

2. Williams

3. Izzo

4. Calipari

5. Donovan

6. Crean

7. Self

 

 

You make a valid point, although you take out two years of Billy D's resume and he is very average. He may be a good coach, but he did not sustain the level of a top 25 team and is becoming Mr. NIT

Rupp??? Only answer I could come with and about the only one that could get it done.

 

Besides him nobody else could.

 

Run down to the hardware store and get a shovel, we could dig up Adolph Rupp, he may be the best choice to unite the fan base, and still might be a better coach than we can get at this point.
I've got news for you. Even Rupp had his 18%. Remember, he did not want to "retire".
I've got news for you. Even Rupp had his 18%. Remember, he did not want to "retire".

 

 

You have a good point.

Six or seven at best.

 

1. Pitino

2. Williams

3. Izzo

4. Calipari

5. Donovan

6. Crean

7. Self

 

Really? How about:

 

1. Ben Holland sp?

2. Jim Beohiem

3. Jim Calhoun

4. Coach K

5. Thad Motta

6. Mark Few

7. Gary Williams

8. Rick Barnes

 

 

I mean how do you list Crean and none of the above?

If Billy D. had played in the NIT the last 2 years at KY do you think we would be singing his praises. There would be fans of the BBN calling for his head too. We have become spoiled and arrogant, the exact same thing that makes us despise UNC, Duke and UCLA. Maybe we shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth per se.

I find this funny. Revisionist history at it's best....

 

Does anybody remember reading the paper after Pitino's hire in '89? I can't find the article in USA Today, but it read like most of the treads here. Unifying isn't a word I'd use to describe the fan reaction. Dale Brown was the hot commodity that year. A lot of people thought C.M. Newton should have gone after Bobby Knight.

 

The first reactions I remember hearing were "WHO???". "A New Yorker?". "Here?" "What has he done?" "Providence, big deal." "The Knicks just barely made the playoffs. We need a winner here." "Why not Dale Brown?" "John Wooden is available." "Bring Joe B. back."

Pitino...Jay Wright... lots of similarities. He hasn't been mentioned a lot but I think he would be great!

Whoever wins a title at UK will unite the fan base.

I find this funny. Revisionist history at it's best....

 

Does anybody remember reading the paper after Pitino's hire in '89? I can't find the article in USA Today, but it read like most of the treads here. Unifying isn't a word I'd use to describe the fan reaction. Dale Brown was the hot commodity that year. A lot of people thought C.M. Newton should have gone after Bobby Knight.

 

The first reactions I remember hearing were "WHO???". "A New Yorker?". "Here?" "What has he done?" "Providence, big deal." "The Knicks just barely made the playoffs. We need a winner here." "Why not Dale Brown?" "John Wooden is available." "Bring Joe B. back."

I would love to see those articles.
I would love to see those articles.
It wasn't just that. I remember getting a call from my uncle in Dayton. He was madder than a wet hen. Said he'd never watch the Cats again.
It wasn't just that. I remember getting a call from my uncle in Dayton. He was madder than a wet hen. Said he'd never watch the Cats again.

 

I remember my Grandma (bless her soul) making some crack about how she couldn't cheer for anyone named after cheese! (She always called him "Pimento" no matter how many times we corrected her!):ohbrother::lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.