March 27, 200917 yr Everyone is ready for him to go? I'm curious to see who he hires for the new coach, however in the other programs he has done a great job. I know football is a heck of a lot better now than when he got here. Not sure I'm ready to say he needs to go.....
March 27, 200917 yr BCG and/or the handling of BCG seems to be his first real stumble, albeit a big one. He gets one more shot. If the next coach needs to be fired, Barnhart goes with him.
March 27, 200917 yr To do this and not have a new hire ready to go is an idiotic move. MB needs to hire Issel or Conley as head of BB operations and get out of the way. Let these guys find a coach.
March 27, 200917 yr Barnhart is fine and has done a good job at UK. Honestly, I don't see the problem with him.:idunno:
March 27, 200917 yr Hey, give Barnhart credit. This way, he keeps UK in the news and steals some of UofL's thunder. Pretty crafty, if you ask me. I don't really mind; it's so darned entertaining this way. :lol:
March 28, 200917 yr Has anyone else noticed the decline of UK Basketball since the arrival of Brainfart? (heck he even ran off Mickie DeMoss) Another question I have is that I read on a blog that C.M. Newton was in on the search commitee for Alabama in the search that landed them Anthony Grant why in the heck is C.M. not assisting UK? I thought he was one of the most respected names associated with college basketball. Instead lets turn to a PR firm from Atlanta to help us find a "Coach".
March 28, 200917 yr I can't see UK getting rid of the basketball coach and the AD at the same time. I Billy G had stayed Mitch Burnthebarndown would have been gone but they cannot get rid of both at the same time.
March 28, 200917 yr Has anyone else noticed the decline of UK Basketball since the arrival of Brainfart? (heck he even ran off Mickie DeMoss) Another question I have is that I read on a blog that C.M. Newton was in on the search commitee for Alabama in the search that landed them Anthony Grant why in the heck is C.M. not assisting UK? I thought he was one of the most respected names associated with college basketball. Instead lets turn to a PR firm from Atlanta to help us find a "Coach". Bold part is not true. I feel fairly certain that most of you have never met or dealt with Mitch. I also feel fairly certain that most of you have no clue what is involved in running an athletic department like UK's. Mitch is a class guy. He is extremely intelligent. And, the Board of Trustees happen to think he is doing a great job. And you know what? It's their opinion that matters.
March 28, 200917 yr Has anyone else noticed the decline of UK Basketball since the arrival of Brainfart? (heck he even ran off Mickie DeMoss) Another question I have is that I read on a blog that C.M. Newton was in on the search commitee for Alabama in the search that landed them Anthony Grant why in the heck is C.M. not assisting UK? I thought he was one of the most respected names associated with college basketball. Instead lets turn to a PR firm from Atlanta to help us find a "Coach". I heard somewhere that C.M. is the only person to have their names retired or in two different Universities programs. Bama' and UK.
March 28, 200917 yr Barnhardt isn't going anywhere any time soon. He has done an excellent job at UK. Anyone who thinks different, just doesn't know college athletics.
March 28, 200917 yr I heard somewhere that C.M. is the only person to have their names retired or in two different Universities programs. Bama' and UK. Probably could do it at Vandy as well.
March 28, 200917 yr Bold part is not true. I feel fairly certain that most of you have never met or dealt with Mitch. I also feel fairly certain that most of you have no clue what is involved in running an athletic department like UK's. Mitch is a class guy. He is extremely intelligent. And, the Board of Trustees happen to think he is doing a great job. And you know what? It's their opinion that matters. :thumb:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.