Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Travis Ford

Featured Replies

Why are people down on him?

 

He has had success at Campbellsville, EKU, UMASS, and Oklahoma State.

 

He seems to be a pretty good coach, and has pride in Kentucky.

 

I would be happy if he was the next coach. If I were him I would question wanting to come here if I heard all the negativity.

 

What is your thoughts?

EKU, Campbellsville, UMass, OK St. sounds familiar to UTEP and TX AM.

 

Just not a grandslam hire.

 

It is a lateral move and possibly one that sets UK way back in the recruiting trail.

  • Author

So recruiting is the issue to people?

Just one issue of many. Same or worse personality than BCG as some feel. He is not proven to carry a load that UK carries.

Ford has a personality much like BCG. He is very arrogant and what has he really done to be considered for the UK job.

Less proven than Gillispie and a bigger jerk.

 

that sums up my post as well.

He's won one game in the NCAAT in his career. This is a step back for sure if hired.

that sums up my post as well.

 

I also agree! This is a lateral move at best! Ford is a VERY arrogant man who feels he is better than most!

I was going to post, but I think everyone else has it covered.

I also agree! This is a lateral move at best! Ford is a VERY arrogant man who feels he is better than most!
Honestly, how many head coaches are not like that? Some (eg. BCG) may not be as personable, but for the most part all of these guys are similar. See Jim Calhoun.

A) I think you guys are dismissing the fact that OK St. has a pretty deep hoops tradition. But that would be the typical UK MO, to dismiss the accomplishments of everyone else but UK.

 

B) Who's to say Ford doesn't temper a bit of his "arrogance" out of respect for UK? He did play there, and grew up in Ky, after all.

Well Travis Ford has done something in basketball that Billy D, Calipari, or even Pitino have never accomplished.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

He's a movie star !!! Now thats is persona !!! :cool:

A) I think you guys are dismissing the fact that OK St. has a pretty deep hoops tradition. But that would be the typical UK MO, to dismiss the accomplishments of everyone else but UK.

 

B) Who's to say Ford doesn't temper a bit of his "arrogance" out of respect for UK? He did play there, and grew up in Ky, after all.

 

Now tell us how you really feel about him coaching UK. :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.