Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What I See

Featured Replies

After looking at the brackets for a while and breaking them down, I don't see much to get excited about.

 

Of course that means there are a TON of upsets in the works.

 

There isn't a dominate team in the field, and the sleepers to the Sweet 16 and beyond will likely come from out of left field.

 

At the end of the day, this is miles away from the chalk field we saw last year. Look for a few 4-7 seeds to make a run and several lower seed to get to the 2nd weekend...

I couldn't help but laugh as just about every ESPN talking head tonight predicted all four #1 seeds into the Final Four.

I couldn't help but laugh as just about every ESPN talking head tonight predicted all four #1 seeds into the Final Four.

 

I guess they figured if it worked last year...

  • Author
I couldn't help but laugh as just about every ESPN talking head tonight predicted all four #1 seeds into the Final Four.

 

I'm now a Big East guy to the core, but I think they will be lucky to get 1 of the 3 #1 seeds in the Final Four.

 

Pitt isn't great if Blair sees early foul trouble.

 

UConn isn't great without Dyson.

 

UL has a stable of very good but not great guards.

 

Cuse is exhausted.

 

Do like where Nova and WVU sit.

 

Marquette is sunk without James.

 

I'm having a hard time making any sense of this bracket, which means a lot of great games are in order...

^ I agree with most everything you said there GT except for the Cuse, they have plenty of time to recover and I think they will be ready to go. The tourney is typically dominated by what team has guards that get hot and they have 3 that are very capable of doing that.

I'm now a Big East guy to the core, but I think they will be lucky to get 1 of the 3 #1 seeds in the Final Four.

 

Pitt isn't great if Blair sees early foul trouble.

 

UConn isn't great without Dyson.

 

UL has a stable of very good but not great guards.

 

Cuse is exhausted.

 

Do like where Nova and WVU sit.

 

Marquette is sunk without James.

 

I'm having a hard time making any sense of this bracket, which means a lot of great games are in order...

 

 

I to like WV to make some noise. VCU could win a game or two and if LSU comes to play for 40 minutes every game, they could send NC home early.

After looking at the brackets for a while and breaking them down, I don't see much to get excited about.

 

Of course that means there are a TON of upsets in the works.

 

There isn't a dominate team in the field, and the sleepers to the Sweet 16 and beyond will likely come from out of left field.

 

At the end of the day, this is miles away from the chalk field we saw last year. Look for a few 4-7 seeds to make a run and several lower seed to get to the 2nd weekend...

 

Who do you think wins the whole shebang?

 

I agree with what you said about Upsets, I have never been a huge upset guy, but when George Mason ruined my bracket in 06 I usually pick two to three Cinderellas to make a run to the sweet 16. I have VCU in the Elite 8that's the one big time Cinderella I have going really far. I have Mississippi State and USC in the Sweet 16, I don't think they're Cinderellas per se but they're lower seeded.

I know they lost to Duke today but I could really see Florida State making a deep run as a 5 seed....

 

Also, I find a team like Clemson interesting. They are never out of a game because of that press. Of course, that also means that they always have the ability to give one up too...

 

I wonder if Oklahoma's guards are good enough/experienced enough/consistant enough to take them where Blake Griffin could...

I know they lost to Duke today but I could really see Florida State making a deep run as a 5 seed....

 

Also, I find a team like Clemson interesting. They are never out of a game because of that press. Of course, that also means that they always have the ability to give one up too...

 

I wonder if Oklahoma's guards are good enough/experienced enough/consistant enough to take them where Blake Griffin could...

 

I don't know if Oklahoma can win a "Big Game" against a "Big Opponent". They haven't won any this season, and I don't see that happening in the tournament.

Interesting. The lack of a dominant team and the mish-mash of placements is exactly why I find this year's tournament to be reasonably exciting. Here you have the largest concentration of teams who rely upon stamina, depth and teamwork (as opposed to star power) that we have probably seen in the last 7-8 years.

Tough to pick this year's bracket. I just don't see dominate teams at all. The way I've picked it, I have 7 out of the 8 "Elite Eight" being from the Big East & ACC. Memphis is the lone exception.

 

Louisville vs. Memphis

Pittsburgh vs. North Carolina

 

Louisville vs. North Carolina

 

North Carolina the champs.

When I go to fill out my bracket I can already tell its going to take me a while. That first round is gonna be tough to pick.

Sanders has to cut down on the dumb fouls for VCU to win one game.

In my Elite 8:

 

4- Big East

1- SEC

1- Big 12

2- ACC

In my Elite 8:

 

4- Big East

1- SEC

1- Big 12

2- ACC

 

SEC?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.