March 15, 200917 yr Didnt play at Pitt or Marquette or beat Pitt or UCONN in the Tourney. Lost to Western Ky, Minnesota. UNLV @ Home Beat a bad Kentucky team at home on a 30 footer. #1 Overall Seed No Chance. WHO CARES?.......They are a 1 seed, that's all that matters, they'll play very close to home, and are playing better than EVERY team in the nation right now. I'm not saying they'll win it, but they can, and there's not many who can say that.
March 15, 200917 yr Author Yes I am.:thumb: I agree. And to think when he signed with UofL many thought he would red shirt his Freshman year and didn't think he would contribute at all. He definitely chose the right school and coach for him.:thumb: Yeah, who would of thought that he would be the leading %3pt shooter in the league, and known as a lock down defender as a sophamore.
March 15, 200917 yr No.... There resume over the last twelve games is better than anyone in the nation. I'm not saying they will be the number one overall, just think they are in the discussion. Quite frankly, I don't care. Winning the toughest conference in the country, (regular season/conference) is an amazing season.:ylsuper: Let's quit just throwing this "toughest" conference thing in the nation around. 1, RPI wise it doesn't rate as so. 2, percentage of entrants to the NCAA's, it appears that they dont appear to be so.....I think Louisville is a 1. Maybe the top 1, but let's not puff the chest too much on this year's Big East. U of L's SOS doesn't warrant bragging rights as being top dog in the top conference ever.
March 15, 200917 yr Author Let's quit just throwing this "toughest" conference thing in the nation around. 1, RPI wise it doesn't rate as so. 2, percentage of entrants to the NCAA's, it appears that they dont appear to be so.....I think Louisville is a 1. Maybe the top 1, but let's not puff the chest too much on this year's Big East. U of L's SOS doesn't warrant bragging rights as being top dog in the top conference ever. Just repeating what all the national pundits have been saying all week. :idunno: This years Big East was/is regarded as the best.... hence the possibility of 3 one seeds. By the way, they have a top 15 SOS...
March 15, 200917 yr I am certainly no fan of UL so this comes straight from the heart: UL deserves to be a No. 1 seed and has had a season I am jealous of. They bounced back from losses early on and their coach communicated with the fans about those losses and what they were going to do about them; and I am jealous about that too. UofL is just exactly where I wanted UK to be so its fans justifiably should be proud of its program and its coach for playing and winning in such a tough conference. Congratulations.
March 15, 200917 yr I am certainly no fan of UL so this comes straight from the heart: UL deserves to be a No. 1 seed and has had a season I am jealous of. They bounced back from losses early on and their coach communicated with the fans about those losses and what they were going to do about them; and I am jealous about that too. UofL is just exactly where I wanted UK to be so its fans justifiably should be proud of its program and its coach for playing and winning in such a tough conference. Congratulations. I feel the same way,Atticus. And I will support the Cards all the way (unless,of course,the NCAA has them playing Morehead in game 1.)
March 15, 200917 yr I feel the same way,Atticus. And I will support the Cards all the way (unless,of course,the NCAA has them playing Morehead in game 1.) I take it the blonde monkey will support UL the same way including against North Carolina?
March 15, 200917 yr I take it the blonde monkey will support UL the same way including against North Carolina? :laugh::laugh: He and I both would support the Martian team against UNC.
March 15, 200917 yr :laugh::laugh: He and I both would support the Martian team against UNC. On HBO "Tobacco Road", a Duke fan said she would root for "all the minions in Hades" (not her words) if they were playing NC. I had some trouble last year with everyone but NC, but I will be for UL this year.
March 15, 200917 yr One of the few times I'll ever agree with a player on the losing team getting MVP...
March 15, 200917 yr As a UK fan, I will be rooting for UL to win it all. Number 1 seed for sure now, but over all #1 seed not sure of. For some reason, I still thing that NC will get the nod.
March 15, 200917 yr Congrats to the Cards on an OUTSTANDING season. Enjoy the party and put it behind you when the plane lands in Louisville today. There are bigger fish to fry. As for the UK fans feel free to come aboard and enjoy the ride of the Cardinal Express. It should be a exciting one. :popcorn: Go CARDS!!!!!!
March 15, 200917 yr One of the few times I'll ever agree with a player on the losing team getting MVP... I agree. I think the MVP should come from the winning team....this is one of those rare cases where the exception is warranted.
March 15, 200917 yr Author I agree. I think the MVP should come from the winning team....this is one of those rare cases where the exception is warranted. I don't have a problem with it, but I think the Champs deserve the credit. Earl Clark had a huge tourney and should've won co-MVP IMHO.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.