Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NIT Tickets

Featured Replies

The scoreboard said they were better, but no I dont think they were better than us. Sorry just MHO

 

 

You are intitled to your opinion, but I respectfully disagree 100% BTW, how do you feel UK was out Coached?

  • Replies 70
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wont go, but I will watch on the tube. If you really are a true blue fan, I think you would at least watch it.

You are intitled to your opinion, but I respectfully disagree 100% BTW, how do you feel UK was out Coached?

 

Thats what makes BGP Great, we can all share are opinions. Not to be smart, but did you watch the games?

  • Author
In 1979, Kentucky played host to Clemson in the opening round of the NIT. The state tournament was at Rupp that season, also. The NIT game was on Wednesday, March 7. Would that have been the week before the state tournament?

 

Sweet 16 was in Louisville in 79 or was it 78. No I believe 79. No i'm not for sure. What year did Dirk Minnifield play in it at Rupp. 79 or 80?

Thats what makes BGP Great, we can all share are opinions. Not to be smart, but did you watch the games?[/QUOTE]

 

 

If talking about the LSU games, yes. Was at the first and watched yesterday on TV.

For a young team, playing and winning the NIT can be a jumping off point for a better future. This was how Memphis approached the NIT a few years ago, and it worked for them. UK can take that approach as well.

  • Author
For a young team, playing and winning the NIT can be a jumping off point for a better future. This was how Memphis approached the NIT a few years ago, and it worked for them. UK can take that approach as well.

 

Worker for South Carolina also. They won it 1 year and turned around and won it again the next year.

Not sure UK has enough talent to win the NIT.

Not sure UK has enough talent to win the NIT.

 

 

:thumb: I'll have to agree.

Sweet 16 was in Louisville in 79 or was it 78. No I believe 79. No i'm not for sure. What year did Dirk Minnifield play in it at Rupp. 79 or 80?

 

Your confusion confused me! :lol: So below is the past list of hosts for the state tournament.

 

1918 @ Centre College

1919-23 @ University of Kentucky Gymnasium

1924-41 @ Alumni Gymnasium, Lexington

1942 @ Louisville Armory

1943-44 @ Alumni Gymnasium, Lexington

1945-50 @ Louisville Armory

1951-56 @ Memorial Coliseum

1957 @ Freedom Hall

1958-59 @ Memorial Coliseum

1960 @ Freedom Hall

1961 @ Memorial Coliseum

1962-63 @ Freedom Hall

1964 @ Memorial Coliseum

1965-78 @ Freedom Hall

1979-87 @ Rupp Arena

1988 @ Freedom Hall

1989 @ Rupp Arena

1990 @ Freedom Hall

1991 @ Rupp Arena

1992 @ Freedom Hall

1993 @ Rupp Arena

1994 @ Freedom Hall

1995-08 @ Rupp Arena

 

Overall Times Hosting

26 - Rupp Arena

22 - Freedom Hall

20 - Alumni Gymnasium

10 - Memorial Coliseum

7 - Louisville Armory

5 - University of Kentucky Gymnasium

1 - Centre College

  • Author

Thanks. I knew I watched Minnifield play in finals agt Rupp but Couldnt remember if 79 or 80. Have we found ut what UK did with Clemson?

Thanks. I knew I watched Minnifield play in finals agt Rupp but Couldnt remember if 79 or 80. Have we found ut what UK did with Clemson?

 

It was the week before the Sweet 16. Wednesday, March 7, 1979. State tournament started on Wednesday, March 14. So both were at Rupp with no trouble.

I will be intrigued by the crowd at Memorial for this game...I think it could be very cool.

I'm curious to know the percentage of UK fans who will be watching the game because it's being held at Memorial Coleseum as opposed to watching the game for the on court product.

Kentucky could play at Memorial on Wednesday or Thursday. With only 8500 seats wonder how they will do ticket sells?
You get 4 free at Wendy's when you order Biggie Size Fry's.:ylsuper:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.