Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NIT Tickets

Featured Replies

I know the attendance thing is something of a feather in the hat for UK athletics. One or more games could be played at Memorial because of the Sweet 16 which could drop the attendance down to around 20,000 and out of the top three.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe they can work around it as someone else said earlier. Tuesday and Sunday? Doubtful?

In 1979, Kentucky played host to Clemson in the opening round of the NIT. The state tournament was at Rupp that season, also. The NIT game was on Wednesday, March 7. Would that have been the week before the state tournament?

 

I was at that game about 10 rows from the very top. I heard God say, "Can you move to right a little, you're blocking my view." :D

 

 

It was a different NIT then. The NCAA had just expanded from 32 to 48 teams but still only 2 got in from any conference. UK made a huge late run playing four games in four days in the SEC tourney and despite upsetting Regular Season Champ LSU, they lost to the Vols (who were playing only their 2nd game in the tourney) in OT.

 

The one point loss was more of a tribute to UK's exhaustion than a great Clemson team.

I posted this statement in another thread...Once the games start if you are a true fan and I think most of you are you will watch and be into it, yeah you are hurtin, but its still your team and you want to watch your team. 1976 you won the NIT. Hold your head up, they didn't lose on purpose.

 

I'm with you Larry but the 1976 NIT was different than now. Today, all of those NIT teams would make the NCAA field if it were at 64 teams then. UK beat the Cornbread Maxwell UNCC squad for the title and the next year they went to the NCAA Final Four.

 

Gosh, I'm old. :cool:

I'll assume you guys aren't UK fans, correct?

 

 

I was waiting for this. In no way shape or form, does not wanting to watch the NIT make any UK fans, non UK fans. Honestly, I could care less who the 66th best Team in the Country is.

I was waiting for this. In no way shape or form, does not wanting to watch the NIT make any UK fans, non UK fans. Honestly, I could care less who the 66th best Team in the Country is.

Decent point. In reality though, the NIT champ is probably top 40

I was waiting for this. In no way shape or form, does not wanting to watch the NIT make any UK fans, non UK fans. Honestly, I could care less who the 66th best Team in the Country is.

 

So you don't watch UK every chance you get? I mean I try to avoid scheduling things on nights UK plays. And that's exhibition games, Central Michigan, Louisville, Tennessee and every game in between. If it's the NIT, then you can guarantee I'll be watching.

 

You don't have to watch. But every single person will be happy as larks, talking of their undying love for UK basketball during next season's NCAA tournament, how you were there during the tough times. But if you openly choose to not watch/support the team during those NIT/tough times, can you make those claims next year?

So you don't watch UK every chance you get? I mean I try to avoid scheduling things on nights UK plays. And that's exhibition games, Central Michigan, Louisville, Tennessee and every game in between. If it's the NIT, then you can guarantee I'll be watching.

 

You don't have to watch. But every single person will be happy as larks, talking of their undying love for UK basketball during next season's NCAA tournament, how you were there during the tough times. But if you openly choose to not watch/support the team during those NIT/tough times, can you make those claims next year?

You obviously prepared for the NIT better than myself. It will take me until late Sunday night to come out of my funk

So you don't watch UK every chance you get? I mean I try to avoid scheduling things on nights UK plays. And that's exhibition games, Central Michigan, Louisville, Tennessee and every game in between. If it's the NIT, then you can guarantee I'll be watching.

 

You don't have to watch. But every single person will be happy as larks, talking of their undying love for UK basketball during next season's NCAA tournament, how you were there during the tough times. But if you openly choose to not watch/support the team during those NIT/tough times, can you make those claims next year?

The problem is, you were once part of the majority that done this. Now, you appear to becoming the minority. Fan apathy is the first and biggest red flag of a program in trouble.

 

My dad is one of the biggest UK fans I know, going back to the days of Nash, Hagen, Rupp's Runts, Issel, Givens, Walker, etc.

 

He told me yesterday he doesn't know if he will watch the 'Cats in the NIT. Not for one second did I, or will I, question his allegiance.

The problem is, you were once part of the majority that done this. Now, you appear to becoming the minority. Fan apathy is the first and biggest red flag of a program in trouble.

 

My dad is one of the biggest UK fans I know, going back to the days of Nash, Hagen, Rupp's Runts, Issel, Givens, Walker, etc.

 

He told me yesterday he doesn't know if he will watch the 'Cats in the NIT. Not for one second did I, or will I, question his allegiance.

 

 

Nor shoud you, or anyone else for that matter.

So you don't watch UK every chance you get? I mean I try to avoid scheduling things on nights UK plays. And that's exhibition games, Central Michigan, Louisville, Tennessee and every game in between. If it's the NIT, then you can guarantee I'll be watching.

 

You don't have to watch. But every single person will be happy as larks, talking of their undying love for UK basketball during next season's NCAA tournament, how you were there during the tough times. But if you openly choose to not watch/support the team during those NIT/tough times, can you make those claims next year?

 

I do watch every chance I get, as always. I watch and root as hard as anyone. I also keep an eye on the standing/rankings, and RPI. I do all of this to try and project where UK may end up in the rankings and what type of seed they may get in the NCAA tournament. Not in the NCAA tournament this year, season over in my eyes.

 

As far as, where some were during the tough times? The tough times are when your Team gets put on probation and there's nothing you can do except support those kids who chose to stay, even though you knew there was going to be plenty of losses. And support is what UK fans did!! 23,000 most nights and we rooted like it was the NCAA tourny.

 

IMHO...This is much different. This is a Team that started the SEC 6-0 I believe it was. Big win at UT, blows UG away on their home floor as well. My point is: This Team fell apart, not sure why, but they did. Our Coach acts like a horses --- during haftime and doesn't seem to take any blame for any loss. And then theres the fans: I mean it's got so bad listening to un-realalistic fans that it makes me want to :puke: sometimes. Example: One of my best friends who uses ALL of his vacation time to go see every game hardly talks to me anymore. LoL...During the first LSU game I simply said, they are just alot better than us. We are playing hard, but their better. He said DUDE, we are evenly matched. I told him to sober up and we'll talk tomorrow, still haven't heard from him.:confused:

I would love to watch the Cats play in Memorial Coliseum...Now thats a college basketball environment...:ylsuper:

I do watch every chance I get, as always. I watch and root as hard as anyone. I also keep an eye on the standing/rankings, and RPI. I do all of this to try and project where UK may end up in the rankings and what type of seed they may get in the NCAA tournament. Not in the NCAA tournament this year, season over in my eyes.

 

As far as, where some were during the tough times? The tough times are when your Team gets put on probation and there's nothing you can do except support those kids who chose to stay, even though you knew there was going to be plenty of losses. And support is what UK fans did!! 23,000 most nights and we rooted like it was the NCAA tourny.

 

IMHO...This is much different. This is a Team that started the SEC 6-0 I believe it was. Big win at UT, blows UG away on their home floor as well. My point is: This Team fell apart, not sure why, but they did. Our Coach acts like a horses --- during haftime and doesn't seem to take any blame for any loss. And then theres the fans: I mean it's got so bad listening to un-realalistic fans that it makes me want to :puke: sometimes. Example: One of my best friends who uses ALL of his vacation time to go see every game hardly talks to me anymore. LoL...During the first LSU game I simply said, they are just alot better than us. We are playing hard, but their better. He said DUDE, we are evenly matched. I told him to sober up and we'll talk tomorrow, still haven't heard from him.:confused:

 

IMHO LSU just out coached us like most teams this year.

IMHO LSU just out coached us like most teams this year.

 

 

So, are your saying their not better?

 

Porter / Spencer. Spencer by a long shot

 

Meeks / Thornton. Push

 

Harris / Temple. Temple

 

Patterson / Mitchell. Slight edge to PP

 

Stevenson / Johnson. Johnson

Edited by Baseballguy

So, are your saying their not better?

 

The scoreboard said they were better, but no I dont think they were better than us. Sorry just MHO

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.