March 14, 200917 yr I could see maybe one of the preseason games maybe, but too big a drop off in dollars being that there is a 16K disparity in capacity. I think you're right. A preseason matchup with a Kentucky team (Northern, Wesleyan, Georgetown) might be a good event for Memorial.
March 14, 200917 yr I'll assume you guys aren't UK fans, correct? They're probably isn't one person on here that get as tore up as me when the cats lose. Yes, I am a fan and a huge one at that. With state tourny next week that will be my main focus.
March 14, 200917 yr Yeah. I think you're right. A preseason matchup with a Kentucky team (Northern, Wesleyan, Georgetown) might be a good event for Memorial. I would be good with that, or even moving Midnight Madness back there.
March 14, 200917 yr They're probably isn't one person on here that get as tore up as me when the cats lose. Yes, I am a fan and a huge one at that. With state tourny next week that will be my main focus. So if you are a fan, why would you echo the comment that you wouldn't watch if it were in your driveway? I realize the state tournament might take precedent (it will for me on Friday night and Saturday morning), but if UK plays Podunk State on Tuesday night in the NIT, you can guarantee that I'll be watching. Because win or lose, happy or upset, I'm still going to watch and support Kentucky basketball. Edited March 14, 200917 yr by gchs_uk9
March 14, 200917 yr So if you are a fan, why would you echo the comment that you wouldn't watch if it were in your driveway? I realize the state tournament might take precedent (it will for me on Friday night and Saturday morning), but if UK plays Podunk State on Tuesday night in the NIT, you can guarantee that I'll be watching. Because win or lose, happy or upset, I'm a supporting fan of Kentucky basketball. Now thats what im talking about!!! A fellow True Blue Fan!! :thumb:f
March 14, 200917 yr I think the first round game would be Tuesday or Wednesday. Second round NIT games are Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Monday. I would think they would try to schedule it in a way that doesn't compete with the Sweet 16, wouldn't they?
March 14, 200917 yr I would think they would try to schedule it in a way that doesn't compete with the Sweet 16, wouldn't they? The NIT dates are already set. I would think the NIT and UK would attempt to work around the Sweet 16, but with that being said, all games are on ESPN (or their networks) and they will be the final game date/time decider.
March 14, 200917 yr So if you are a fan, why would you echo the comment that you wouldn't watch if it were in your driveway? I realize the state tournament might take precedent (it will for me on Friday night and Saturday morning), but if UK plays Podunk State on Tuesday night in the NIT, you can guarantee that I'll be watching. Because win or lose, happy or upset, I'm still going to watch and support Kentucky basketball. I have been very dissapointed the last two weeks and the NIT just isnt going to make up for anything. If they do end up playing Tuesday night then I will probably go to Lexington early and attend the game. My earlier post was clearly a joke and I hope most other UK fans are with me are upset that the Cats are playing in the NIT.
March 14, 200917 yr I have been very dissapointed the last two weeks and the NIT just isnt going to make up for anything. If they do end up playing Tuesday night then I will probably go to Lexington early and attend the game. My earlier post was clearly a joke and I hope most other UK fans are with me are upset that the Cats are playing in the NIT. I'm upset that they didn't make the NCAA tournament. I'm upset that they aren't at a level that we have grown accustomed to. But I will never say, "I'm not watching..." a UK game.
March 14, 200917 yr Sweet 16 is my first option. If I can squeeze the UK game in, then I will. Hopefully they will only play once during the sweet 16 and majority of the games after it.
March 14, 200917 yr In 1979, Kentucky played host to Clemson in the opening round of the NIT. The state tournament was at Rupp that season, also. The NIT game was on Wednesday, March 7. Would that have been the week before the state tournament?
March 14, 200917 yr I posted this statement in another thread...Once the games start if you are a true fan and I think most of you are you will watch and be into it, yeah you are hurtin, but its still your team and you want to watch your team. 1976 you won the NIT. Hold your head up, they didn't lose on purpose.
March 14, 200917 yr I posted this statement in another thread...Once the games start if you are a true fan and I think most of you are you will watch and be into it, yeah you are hurtin, but its still your team and you want to watch your team. 1976 you won the NIT. Hold your head up, they didn't lose on purpose. You watch, if for no other reason than to throw things at the TV....at least that is my version of watching UK this year.
March 14, 200917 yr An interesting point to consider is this -- UK has been in the top 1, 2, or 3 in home attendance the past quarter centuty or so. What will a home average of 8,500 thrown in with 23,000 do to that? It could drop it from around 23,000 to 21,500.
March 14, 200917 yr An interesting point to consider is this -- UK has been in the top 1, 2, or 3 in home attendance the past quarter centuty or so. What will a home average of 8,500 thrown in with 23,000 do to that? It could drop it from around 23,000 to 21,500. I would think that would be took into consideration but who knows
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.