Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Perry Stevenson is...

Featured Replies

Without a doubt the biggest disappointment this season for the Wildcats. He has regressed through SEC play and is a big factor in UK's woes.

 

Obviously UK has a gap at PG; we all knew coming in to the season that was going to be a huge hole in the rotation. Stevenson has brought nothing to the table and almost seems afraid to play.

 

In the post-game comments, you could tell BCG was disappointed he put him back in the game because it was then LSU made their push.

  • Replies 32
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought he was the player BCG was refering to.

He just is so gosh darn weak under the basket! I'm pretty sure I could get my butt on him and clear him out!

W/ the exception of Patterson, this is a very weak team. LSU knocked at least 6 rebounds out of UK players' hands. UK needs a player that everyone hates, except for UK fans. They have very little fire.

W/ the exception of Patterson, this is a very weak team. LSU knocked at least 6 rebounds out of UK players' hands. UK needs a player that everyone hates, except for UK fans. They have very little fire.

 

I'd kill for Chuck Hayes in the lineup this season :madman::taz:

Jamal Maglore comes to mind. If they want to drive the lane pay the price.

W/ the exception of Patterson, this is a very weak team. LSU knocked at least 6 rebounds out of UK players' hands. UK needs a player that everyone hates, except for UK fans. They have very little fire.

 

I've heard Pilgrim is like that.

  • Author

I know we are talking about an enforcer type play here and that is fine, UK does need that. But, Stevenson is so far on the other extreme of an enforcer type player. Just someone that could be in the middle of the road with mild aggressiveness would be fine. Stevenson is no threat to do anything except knock down a wide open jump shot or an alley-oop. He succeeds against teams like Tennessee because they spread out the court and clear the lane so he has no person bodying him up.

For everyone who always reminds us that Jodie Meeks is "Tubby's Guy" I would also like to remind them that Perry Stevenson is as well.

 

Stevenson is one of the most frustrating players on the team. With Porter, you know it's a talent-deficiency. But with Stevenson, he's proven he can play at times--just not with consistency. I don't understand him at all.

Im' not even necessarily talking about an enforcer type. I want someone that just has the willingness to get down low and get some rebounds. I just want to see somebody in there with Patterson that knows how to play the game. I really think I'd try Harrellson at this point. What do we have to lose?

W/ the exception of Patterson, this is a very weak team. LSU knocked at least 6 rebounds out of UK players' hands. UK needs a player that everyone hates, except for UK fans. They have very little fire.

 

Ron Slay? Jason Maxiell?

 

I'd love a guy like that.

I'd just love to see him go for everything that comes in the lane. Either block it or change it and not worry about fouling out. If he would do that it would make up a little for his strength and help us on the defensive end.

  • Author

What sealed it for me was a few weeks ago he attempted to take a charge and instead he turned his entire body in to a fetile like position to take on the collission. He just does not like the contact.

Has anybody ever had a teacher, coach, or boss that no matter how hard you tried to do the task to the best of your ability, you could never do enough? If this is the case then you must be able to relate to how Perry Stevenson must feel playing for Billy Clyde.

 

Perry is a tall, long, skinny, long-armed basketball player who is being asked to play like Ben Wallace. He is not capable of playing like Ben Wallace and now, all of his confidence has been stripped from him.

 

Can anyone relate to how he must feel? Anyone ever been in those shoes before?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.