February 27, 200917 yr If you don't think it's something that is going to be used with recruits, then you're only kidding yourself. I think you're making it a bigger deal than it really is.
February 27, 200917 yr Author His mom says that he is still on the team to her knowledge according to the Courier Journal. May very well be. This happened once earlier in the year, but the story I read said he was done for good. I guess we'll see. AJ is telling people he didn't quit, but didn't say whether he was on the team or not. So who really knows at this point.
February 27, 200917 yr Author I think you're making it a bigger deal than it really is. I don't think you realize how much this stuff is used against coaches on the recruiting trail. If they use contract situations with recruits, I'm 100% sure they use transfer and defections as well.
February 27, 200917 yr May very well be. This happened once earlier in the year, but the story I read said he was done for good. I guess we'll see. AJ is telling people he didn't quit, but didn't say whether he was on the team or not. So who really knows at this point. I hope it all gets worked out and he is still a Cat.
February 27, 200917 yr I don't think you realize how much this stuff is used against coaches on the recruiting trail. If they use contract situations with recruits, I'm 100% sure they use transfer and defections as well. I realize it, but if that talks a kid out of coming then I don't think he was really right for us anyways. I get your point, but I don't think it's a big deal.
February 27, 200917 yr If you don't think it's something that is going to be used with recruits, then you're only kidding yourself. Where did I say I didn't think it would be used? Every school has kids transfer. I hope he recruits players better than Stewart. It could be to his advantage when he's recruiting. Other teams that recruit aren't going to tell players to come here. It will be used, but who knows if it really will hurt him that Stewart left?
February 27, 200917 yr Alright, AJ is gone, but listen we have serious issues on this ball club. We don't have a point guard, and our shooting guard is forcing shots because he is intelligent enough to know if he doesn't score we can't win. Secondly, Patterson better rethink his draft status, and worry about playing the 4 position at the next level. By the way! Butler University has our point guard which would be producing right now. Mr. Mack please come back. We really need to get rid of Stevenson & Harris. They aimlessly destroy the offense because they stand around and watch the game. Play the game or go back to Alaska and work on the pipline. Next, who in their right mind would play landon sloan against the sec player of the year. I am sorry only coaches from texas play walk-ons. Dandre Liggins, sorry pal, but georgetown college may have a walk-0n spot for you. Seriously, this cat is a liability in the game. I would never recruit someone 6-6 who can't shoot or penetrate off the dribble. By the way what a great game plan against the cocks last night. We really made adjustments during the game. I think we should just have Rich Brooks coach the team. We might get a win at the NIT bowl. Thanks for reading. Sincerely, MR. SHORT FUSE
February 27, 200917 yr While his name is not Jodie or Patrick it is never good for team morale or the kids to see a familiar face just disappear. Also, you have to believe opposing recruiters can have a field day when a coach loses a player and it is starting to develop into a border line trend (hope not).
February 27, 200917 yr Didn't say. Gillispie is getting a rep for running guys off though. I really am starting to wonder about him. Many times new coaches come in and they run players off...nothing new and it wont change. Pitino had a bunch bolt within his first few years at UL. OTS lost some...surprised AJ lasted this long if true. They butted heads last year and the preseason they butted heads. Addition by subtraction.
February 27, 200917 yr Are you all not sure that Kragthorpe isn't really coaching this UK basketball team? Had to guys, and I am a Kragthorpe supporter.
February 27, 200917 yr I agree with the who cares group. Coaches tend to recruit guys they "get along" with. Most were Tubby's kids. I believe in this...while Jodie was Tubby's he has flourished under BCG, I tend to feel that there should be a waiting period for him to get his guys, then judge. I don't feel that gives BCG a pass for some head scratching decisions, but let him make those questionable calls with his guys.
February 27, 200917 yr Didn't say. Gillispie is getting a rep for running guys off though. I really am starting to wonder about him. :laugh: Like the Tubster didn't have that rep. At least Billy is running off the scrubs.
February 27, 200917 yr I realize it, but if that talks a kid out of coming then I don't think he was really right for us anyways. I get your point, but I don't think it's a big deal.[/QUOTE] It's not, It's A.J. Stewart.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.