February 27, 200917 yr Don't know, don't care. I remember reading about them when they happened. That's good enough for me. Then you remember that Billy G didn't "run off" all of the players you listed.
February 27, 200917 yr Author Then you remember that Billy G didn't "run off" all of the players you listed. I've heard otherwise, but I guess it all depends on what and who you believe.
February 27, 200917 yr A couple things.... 1) That's a list compiled over a 10 year period...Gillispie's is over 2. 2) Parker tore his ACL, got hooked on pain meds, and was kicked out of school. 3) Desmond Allison got a DUI and also got kicked out of school. 4) Rashaad Carruth not only got kicked out of 2 other schools, the dude held a protest in a game refusing to shoot the ball because he was unhappy with PT. The guy was also stoned more than he wasn't, so.... Number one is your only valid point. You can make excuses for all of BCGs transfers too. (Jasper was hurt, Benson just quit playing basketball, Legion/Coury/Williams were "mad" about PT, etc)
February 27, 200917 yr Number one is your only valid point. You can make excuses for all of BCGs transfers too. (Jasper was hurt, Benson just quit playing basketball, Legion/Coury/Williams were "mad" about PT, etc) :thumb:
February 27, 200917 yr Author Number one is your only valid point. You can make excuses for all of BCGs transfers too. (Jasper was hurt, Benson just quit playing basketball, Legion/Coury/Williams were "mad" about PT, etc) #2 & #3 were not the choice of the basketball coach though. They were not allowed to play by the university, it wasn't because of Tubby. Surely, you see the difference there.
February 27, 200917 yr I agree with the who cares group. Coaches tend to recruit guys they "get along" with. Most were Tubby's kids.
February 27, 200917 yr #2 & #3 were not the choice of the basketball coach though. They were not allowed to play by the university, it wasn't because of Tubby. Surely, you see the difference there. :ohbrother: So Tubby would have kept them?? Surely they would have been kicked off the team for those behavioral issues. (As Mills, Legion, and Stewart(?) were)
February 27, 200917 yr I agree with the who cares group. Coaches tend to recruit guys they "get along" with. Most were Tubby's kids. :thumb: Legion was the only BCG recruit, and he's having issues at Illinois too. If this continues after he's got his own guys, I'll be concerned. For now, I don't care (other than I liked AJ and wanted him to succeed).
February 27, 200917 yr #2 & #3 were not the choice of the basketball coach though. They were not allowed to play by the university, it wasn't because of Tubby. Surely, you see the difference there. I see the difference, but you also realize that a kid being mad about PT isn't the same thing as a coach running him off right?
February 27, 200917 yr I liked AJ, but seems he has had off court problems since day 1. Wish we could have kept Jasper, and from what I've heard Billy really wanted to keep Jasper. So I kind of find it a stretch to say Billy chased him away. Jasper may not have liked Billy, but chased is a stretch. As far as the rest are concerned. Who cares? :thumb: My sentiments exactly!
February 27, 200917 yr Author I see the difference, but you also realize that a kid being mad about PT isn't the same thing as a coach running him off right? I know that, but those aren't the only reasons those guys left from what I've heard. No idea if that's true or not, but it's what I've heard. For the record, I really don't care either. I was simply stating that he's starting to get a rep for running off players. Which is true, whether he's actually running them off or not.
February 27, 200917 yr That would make 4 then..... Dusty Mills, Kerry Benson, Alex Legion, & AJ Stewart. 2 walk-ons, and head case, and a Tubby recruit...
February 27, 200917 yr I know that, but those aren't the only reasons those guys left from what I've heard. No idea if that's true or not, but it's what I've heard. For the record, I really don't care either. I was simply stating that he's starting to get a rep for running off players. Which is true, whether he's actually running them off or not. Where is he getting this reputation? From fans? How many people that he recruited has he "run off"? He got a late recruit that's mom was a prophet and let that kid go which looks like a good move.
February 27, 200917 yr Author Where is he getting this reputation? From fans? How many people that he recruited has he "run off"? He got a late recruit that's mom was a prophet and let that kid go which looks like a good move. If you don't think it's something that is going to be used with recruits, then you're only kidding yourself.
February 27, 200917 yr His mom says that he is still on the team to her knowledge according to the Courier Journal.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.