Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott County 73 East Carter 68

Featured Replies

Congratulations to Elliott Co. I thought East had their number tonight, but unfortunately for the Raider, Elliott had two teams playing for them.

BTW the other team I am referring to had 3 players wearing striped shirts and one is supposedly rated #1 in the region??

 

Terrible officiated game.

 

Typical. I heard alot of bad calls both ways. Take it for what it was East played great. Elliott is the better team.

  • Replies 92
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

East Carter could not win that game tonight. The officials weren't about to let the #2 team in the state get beat out in the first round of the districts.

East Carter could not win that game tonight. The officials weren't about to let the #2 team in the state get beat out in the first round of the districts.

 

I thought East had a shot tonight while they did not get near as many FT's as the Lions they missed enough to have had a shot to win.

East Carter could not win that game tonight. The officials weren't about to let the #2 team in the state get beat out in the first round of the districts.

 

Good point. I didn't see the game, but you might be on to something. :thumb:

East Carter could not win that game tonight. The officials weren't about to let the #2 team in the state get beat out in the first round of the districts.

 

Ask the Elliott fans if they think they got a fair officiated game tonight. They probably think it was about as fair as you do. I heard the announcer on the Grayson radio station say multiple times that East got away with a walk or a foul. The foul count doesn't mean everything in the game. I know I counted 4 or 5 times the announcer say that an East player got away with a walk.

 

Believe me there are plenty of people that want to see Elliott county get beat, why I don't know. They have the best chance to do well in the state tournament of any team. It would be nice that 16th region teams stick together against other region's opponents. But we have a couple neighboring counties that are jealous of Elliott's success. That is a fact.

Are we really going to blame the refs in this one? I heard it was officiated poorly BOTH ways and had not impact on the outcome of the game. This is exactly what I expected. These are two traditional rivals and they play competitive games annually. This one was at East Carter in the district tourney atmosphere. This was a tough first round matchup for Elliott County and they survived. That's all that matters.

 

And by the way - Paintsville beat Magoffin County in the district and regional championship in 1996. They beat them by 1 point in the regional championship. Paintsville then won the state championship.

I personally don't think the refs gave the game to Elliott. I am sure as always GoRadio will tell us straight up what he thought of the refs and the impact (if any) they had on what was a great high school basketball game.

I personally don't think the refs gave the game to Elliott. I am sure as always GoRadio will tell us straight up what he thought of the refs and the impact (if any) they had on what was a great high school basketball game.

 

:thumb:

 

I wasn't there, so as usual, I wait for GoRadio to tell it like it is!

Forget about the refs. Hopefully Elliott County will bounce back from tonite

If the officials were off, it was both ways. I'd venture to say that East got the better of the two. Yeh, im sure you'll get a straight up answer from a radio station that's in Grayson and is always clearly rooting for East.

Forget about the refs. Hopefully Elliott County will bounce back from tonite

 

Bounce back? They won. This is tournament time and they entered the hornet's nest tonight. Tonight was very much a survive and advance game, IMO.

If the officials were off, it was both ways. I'd venture to say that East got the better of the two. Yeh, im sure you'll get a straight up answer from a radio station that's in Grayson and is always clearly rooting for East.

 

I don't think that is true. I heard him say many times that it was a good call that went against East or if they missed a call on East as well as Elliott. I think most on this board agree with that statement.

Elliott may not be as good as they are saying.

Elliott may not be as good as they are saying.

 

:laugh:

Elliott may not be as good as they are saying.

 

No maybe there was some other teams in the 16th that can play ball too, Like EAST! Elliott will be right there.:ohbrother:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.