Franklin County Coaching Update?

CoachBuckett

I think we understand there are problems there but has anybody heard any names or what is going on with the coaching search?

Nothing is going on, they are taking names, they are waiting to go over applicants til basketball season is over and start interviews then. An assistant from last year is running the wieghtroom and doing a good job with it; when they are allowed to lift. They have around 30 names, and do not know what teaching job they will have at this time.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that at most schools football makes more money than Basketball.

You are probably right about most schools. At Franklin County I'm not sure which brings in the most gate but fact of the matter is that both football and basketball @ FC have brought in good gate revenue the last several years because they have been competitive and there has been excitement about their programs. I think it is counter productive to pit one against the other. Bottom line is that football and basketball carry the other sports with regard to gate money.

My problem is that folks tend to always look at the negative which is also counter productive. Take the field house issue. What many don't know is that back in the late 1970's up to 1980 when the schools split the current field house was not in existence. FC had very good football teams, and if I'm not mistaken their weight room was in a very small portable classroom building. Jack Klein and Gary Dearborn didn't complain. They made it work. Now FC has a much larger field house (that has age on it granted) that basically exists due to "barn raising" efforts by private individuals in the community. They donated time and money to get the project done. With the coming of title nine I understand their is increased demand for facilities, and their are other schools that have more than FC. I believe it should be a goal to always add and improve facilities, but in the meantime I think folks need to take a lesson from some of the old school coaches like Jack Klein, Gary Dearborn, and David Lee, who had outstanding football and basketball teams. Make the best of what you have and even do more with less if you have to. That is the sign of good coaching.

It bothers me to read many of these posts because it doesn't appear that many are aware that this country is in a deep recession and many predict heading into depression. These gen "X" er's, gen "Y" er's, and digital natives need to wake up, suck it up, and deal with it, DO MORE WITH LESS, figure it out!!!!!!

Oh and by the way the football and basketball programs at FC will not die because there is young talent coming up through the system.

Edited by FANOFTHE11th

Interviews started today in 45 minute time slots with The principal and AD.

:popcorn:

Sounds like enough time to decide on choosing the right person to continue to build the FCHS program. :rolleyes:

I guess the candidates won't have time to ask questions.

Making an allowance so that the softball team has a place to practice when it's raining or freezing in February is almost as absurd as clearing out the gym so a football team can practice when its 102 degrees in July.