Franklin County Coaching Update?

CoachBuckett

Wow. Sounds like they have some problems. To me football should be the most important and get the most support. Typically there is more students involved in football than all the other sports together.

Don't get me wrong they all are important. But to keep the football team out of the weightroom is like telling the softball team to get off of the field b/c the basketball team needs to run. :eyeonyou:

Ledford had it out with the administration over the weightroom deal last year to be told he would have to cancel weights any day that the softball team decided they needed to be inside or just do something other than use the weightroom/field house, when he did have to make other plans the deciscion was usually given to him at the days end. He met with the principal, AD, and athletic principal, and they supported the deciscion to displace the football team, not because the weightroom was needed by softball just because it was too loud in the field house with that many people in there. :idunno:

There is some nice hardworking boosters and players in the program that have made the team successful over the last few years, that is a bright spot in this program along with some nice talent coming up.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ledford had it out with the administration over the weightroom deal last year to be told he would have to cancel weights any day that the softball team decided they needed to be inside or just do something other than use the weightroom/field house, when he did have to make other plans the deciscion was usually given to him at the days end. He met with the principal, AD, and athletic principal, and they supported the deciscion to displace the football team, not because the weightroom was needed by softball just because it was too loud in the field house with that many people in there. :idunno:

Maybe FB needs there own weight room. :thumb: Some of this just doesn't make sense. :irked:

Graham to Franklin...that would add to the rivalry with Harrison.

I love Coach Graham, one of the best coaches in the state in my opinion but wouldn't you think since he is retired right now that it might put up a red flag that he will not be at Franklin County very long if he is hired? I would think Coach Graham would only be there 3 years at the most unless he is trying to do a 100 day contract like Larkey has done at Harlan, but I do not think Franklin County is the type of district to let that happen. Would they want to do this Coaching Hiring all over again in just a couple of years?

Wow. Sounds like they have some problems. To me football should be the most important and get the most support. Typically there is more students involved in football than all the other sports together.

Don't get me wrong they all are important. But to keep the football team out of the weightroom is like telling the softball team to get off of the field b/c the basketball team needs to run. :eyeonyou:

The only happens when softball or baseball is in season, and football is not. It is because in the FC fieldhouse, the batting cages and the weight room are in the same room.

If you have 50 football players, and 30 softball players in the same room it can get extremely chaotic. Football is not getting the shaft at FC. They get as much support as any other sport, and they are the #1 priority when they are in season.

The only happens when softball or baseball is in season, and football is not. It is because in the FC fieldhouse, the batting cages and the weight room are in the same room.

If you have 50 football players, and 30 softball players in the same room it can get extremely chaotic. Football is not getting the shaft at FC. They get as much support as any other sport, and they are the #1 priority when they are in season.

Coach Ledford also offered to lessen the number of football players in the weightroom at a time down to 10-15 at a time so they could rotate with running and stuff to compromise to use of the weights. While I agree this would not happen during season. It is not a good deal none the less for the football team.

I love Coach Graham, one of the best coaches in the state in my opinion but wouldn't you think since he is retired right now that it might put up a red flag that he will not be at Franklin County very long if he is hired? I would think Coach Graham would only be there 3 years at the most unless he is trying to do a 100 day contract like Larkey has done at Harlan, but I do not think Franklin County is the type of district to let that happen. Would they want to do this Coaching Hiring all over again in just a couple of years?

Coach Graham gets the most out of his players over a long period of time as well.

Daddy, not sure that I can agree with your statement. Like it or not football is always in season. Unlike any other sport in football you must train year round. You can't begin to lift or train on July 15th, when football is "in season". I do believe that you can adjust times so each can use the fieldhouse, but to ask the football team to find something else to do is not productive.

I f Iam guessing here, I'd say that football gate money probably funds softball, track, baseball etc...with that being said I am sure something should have been worked out a little better (or @ least w/ more notice)....don't bite the hand that feeds you....

If what I am reading right it is a shame in what is going on at Franklin Co. school system and this may lead to the down fall of Eagle Football. Football and the wieght room linked together, the better your off season weights are the better the team is in fall. Franklin Co. was looking pretty strong the last few seasons but with out the off season work they will become a shell of it former self this is shameful.

If what I am reading right it is a shame in what is going on at Franklin Co. school system and this may lead to the down fall of Eagle Football. Football and the wieght room linked together, the better your off season weights are the better the team is in fall. Franklin Co. was looking pretty strong the last few seasons but with out the off season work they will become a shell of it former self this is shameful.

The are getting their work in. The school system is not killing the program. They had 75+ kids out for football last fall, and finished the season with around 30 players. I don't think that is a reflection on the school system allowing softball to use the weightroom a few times while the weather is cold.