Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

35th District: Holmes @ Holy Cross Predictions (2/24)

Who wins? 69 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

What time does this one tip off again? and what time will I need to be there to get in and sit down?

 

I'm taking off work early, about 3:30 or so. to make it by 4:00pm. :thumb:

  • Replies 52
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eta, I forgot what were the results the last couple times these two have met at HC?

  • Author
Eta, I forgot what were the results the last couple times these two have met at HC?

 

:confused:

 

See post 12....

Come on now...that's two times and more than ten years ago. :lol: Here's the results of the last 3 times these two have played at Holy Cross:

 

07/08

Holmes 56 Holy Cross 37

 

05/06

Holmes 56 Holy Cross 29

 

03/04

Holmes 56 Holy Cross 43

 

Also the last time these two met in the district tournament:

 

04/05

Holmes 80 Holy Cross 56

 

Actually the last time they met in the district was 06/07 out at Cov Cath with Holmes winning by about 10.

  • Author
Actually the last time they met in the district was 06/07 out at Cov Cath with Holmes winning by about 10.

 

You're right. I forgot all about that. My bad.

I think Holmes wins but what I am looking for is Holmes to hold Holy Cross to 40 points or less. If Holmes does that, then I will say they are primed to make a long tournament run. The more points Holy Cross scores over 40, the less confident I am in Holmes.

I think Holmes wins but what I am looking for is Holmes to hold Holy Cross to 40 points or less. If Holmes does that, then I will say they are primed to make a long tournament run. The more points Holy Cross scores over 40, the less confident I am in Holmes.

 

That worries me, you being less confident.

  • Author
I think Holmes wins but what I am looking for is Holmes to hold Holy Cross to 40 points or less. If Holmes does that, then I will say they are primed to make a long tournament run. The more points Holy Cross scores over 40, the less confident I am in Holmes.

 

Holy Cross is going to score right around 40, regardless. If they score more than 50, then I'd be a little worried.

Holy Cross is going to score right around 40, regardless. If they score more than 50, then I'd be a little worried.

 

I want to see Holmes step it up to the level they need to have every game the rest of the season. Holding HC to 40 tells me they are there. If HC gets to 50, that is a warning sign that Holmes is playing to their opponent and doesn't have the right intensity it will take to win tournament titles.

Just an FYI, I called HC today to see what time the doors would be opening. She told me 5:00. Tickets are being given to the parents of the players, from both teams playing, to ensure they get in. There are no advance tickets...at least that is what she told me.

 

So getting there early sounds like a must! Good luck to all...and if do you get in and others are left out in the cold, please keep us updated on the game!

  • Author
I want to see Holmes step it up to the level they need to have every game the rest of the season. Holding HC to 40 tells me they are there. If HC gets to 50, that is a warning sign that Holmes is playing to their opponent and doesn't have the right intensity it will take to win tournament titles.

 

I feel like as long as Holmes wins by 15+, there's nothing to worry about. Holy Cross worse loss to date is by 15 points. They're playing well as of late and are at home, so if Holmes can manage to win by more than 15, that tells me the Dogs are starting to play good basketball.

 

Something that hasn't been mentioned is Arnold didn't play in the first game against HC. He should be a big addition off the bench this go around. When Pittman went out in foul trouble in the first game, Slusher had to come in....no slight to Willie, but there's a big gap between Arnold and Slusher.

  • Author
Just an FYI, I called HC today to see what time the doors would be opening. She told me 5:00. Tickets are being given to the parents of the players, from both teams playing, to ensure they get in. There are no advance tickets...at least that is what she told me.

 

So getting there early sounds like a must! Good luck to all...and if do you get in and others are left out in the cold, please keep us updated on the game!

 

Thanks for the info. :thumb:

 

If people can't make the game though, or get locked out, Nkysportsblog provided a link above where you can watch the game live via the internet...I believe it's HC's homepage.

I'll be honest... This game worries me. I obviously don't think Holmes will lose, but I have seen HC shock the world before.

 

Its hard to believe that you can go 27-2 and get rewarded by playing your rival on their home floor in the first round of the tourney. I guess Thats the beauty and the agony of Kentucky high school hoops.

Holmes. Closer than expected though.

I think Pittman will abuse HC and Holmes will cruise to a 16-18 win.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.