Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who will win the 9th Region?

Featured Replies

Do you think playing at the BoKC, a college floor (which is a little larger than a high school floor) is an advantage or disadvantage to any of the teams? It seems to me it might help a team like Holmes with their size, length, and quickness to spread opposing defenses. Just wanting to see if anybody else agrees or disagrees.

 

Why would opposing defenses become "spread?"

  • Replies 70
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would opposing defenses become "spread?"

 

Well, unless you want to leave Riley open outside, (he was 5/5 from way out at the BOKC) you will have to spread the D to get a hand in his face.

Well, unless you want to leave Riley open outside, (he was 5/5 from way out at the BOKC) you will have to spread the D to get a hand in his face.

 

Unless Riley is now able to hit from 35 feet, I'm not spreading my D out. Just because the floor got bigger it doesn't change my defense. I guard Riley no different than I did before and then back off of the others besides Pittman. If they can hit 3s from 25 to 30 feet, God bless them.

 

Nothing changes defensively simply because the floor is now longer.

Why would opposing defenses become "spread?"

 

Well for one I'm talking about the width of floor in trying to set traps as well as double teams. The length is longer which gives more room between half court and free throw line to start offense. But I'll concede if your just going to pack it in the paint and make a team beat you from the perimeter probably won't matter much. It just seems to me on defense it just gives an offensive player more room to operate from perimeter and take people off the dribble.

Based on tonights performance at SK by Holmes I'd have to say Boone is the favorite.

Boone is the favorite. :sssh:

 

Eta Rho predicted this. Maybe he should take off the :sssh:. Seriously, I will continue to pick Boone in an upset. I like the way the Rebels are playing. Should be a great tourney. Forget about the regular season as of right now.

It just seems to me on defense it just gives an offensive player more room to operate from perimeter and take people off the dribble.

 

...if they come out and guard you. I wouldn't.

Why would Highlands not be a bigger threat? They beat Boone by 14 and already played Holmes tough at Holmes. Boone beat Holmes at Boone and Holmes played absolutely horrible, while also having their best player in Pittman play sparingly because of an injury. It's going to be very tough for Boone to have a repeat performance on a neutral court and honestly, no team in nky is going to beat Holmes twice in the same season. Henley is too good of a coach and will make the proper adjustments. Holmes will press Boone and get a lot of turnovers. It worked against them last year and when Holmes used it against them in the 4th quarter this year it worked well.

 

Highlands has also already played at BOK Center before which will end up being an advantage for them IMO. I also wouldn't agree with the depth part. Highlands depth inside is enough to give ANY team problems. They have more athleticism than you think. The only player I'd give an athleticism advantage to over any of the Highlands players is probably Cotton.

 

I'll go with Clyde on this one. Highlands isn't much of a threat at all IMO. Highlands is good, but they're VERY inconsistent. And when I say good, I'm not getting excited over it. They are as good as the rest of the teams behind Holmes and Boone on any given night.

 

And I'm going to go with my gut and say CovCath takes it to Beechwood on Monday night and it will be Holmes and CovCath out of our district. Holmes will [hopefully] take it all.

I'll go with Clyde on this one. Highlands isn't much of a threat at all IMO. Highlands is good, but they're VERY inconsistent. And when I say good, I'm not getting excited over it. They are as good as the rest of the teams behind Holmes and Boone on any given night.

 

Considering Highlands is the only nky team to beat Boone this year, I'd be hard pressed to believe they aren't much of a threat. I agree with their inconsistencies, but to say they aren't much of a threat isn't true at all. They beat Boone and gave Holmes their best game of the year at Holmes.

 

And I'm going to go with my gut and say CovCath takes it to Beechwood on Monday night and it will be Holmes and CovCath out of our district. Holmes will [hopefully] take it all.

 

Fair enough.

Eta Rho predicted this. Maybe he should take off the :sssh:. Seriously, I will continue to pick Boone in an upset. I like the way the Rebels are playing. Should be a great tourney. Forget about the regular season as of right now.

 

Based on tonights performance at SK by Holmes I'd have to say Boone is the favorite.

 

Depends which Holmes team shows up. I really don't understand them right now. They blow Conner out of the gym on Tuesday, leading by as many as 32, and then barely get by SK.

 

Boone is the hottest team in nky right now, hands down. I just hope Holmes can right the ship and find their indentity real quick, because the post season is right around the corner and there are several teams chomping at the bit to dethrone them.

 

I wouldn't overlook Holmes, but based on the way Boone is playing right now, I have to concede that they are indeed the favorite.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.