Who will win the 9th Region?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as who makes the tourney and outcome:

33rd: Boone (Champion) Ryle (Runner Up)

34th: St Henry (Champion) Dixie (Runner Up)

35th: Holmes (Champion) Beechwood (Runner Up)

36th: Highlands (Champion) Newcath (Runner Up)

Region Tourney Predictions:

Holmes v Newcath

Boone v Dixie

St Henry v Ryle

Highlands v Beechwood

Holmes and Boone could meet in the regional semifinal if they each win their district?

Why would Highlands not be a bigger threat? They beat Boone by 14 and already played Holmes tough at Holmes. Boone beat Holmes at Boone and Holmes played absolutely horrible, while also having their best player in Pittman play sparingly because of an injury. It's going to be very tough for Boone to have a repeat performance on a neutral court and honestly, no team in nky is going to beat Holmes twice in the same season. Henley is too good of a coach and will make the proper adjustments. Holmes will press Boone and get a lot of turnovers. It worked against them last year and when Holmes used it against them in the 4th quarter this year it worked well.

Highlands has also already played at BOK Center before which will end up being an advantage for them IMO. I also wouldn't agree with the depth part. Highlands depth inside is enough to give ANY team problems. They have more athleticism than you think. The only player I'd give an athleticism advantage to over any of the Highlands players is probably Cotton.

Using your argument of Holmes losing to Boone, Boone also lost to Highlands on their home floor. Boone's defense may have had something to do with Holmes playing bad. Gabbard, Popp, McFarland are hard to press. Boone was a lot younger last year.

Boone will be perfectly content to be the underdog.

I've said earlier, I am hoping Highlands would get Holmes in the semis, with Boone looming on the other side. Maybe Holmes would just slightly dismiss Highlands, looking forward to a Boone rematch. I think if Holmes gets to the finals, no one beats them there.

Are the 4 district winners seeded or randomly paired?

Holmes and Boone could meet in the regional semifinal if they each win their district?

Yea. Two district champions and two district runner ups in each bracket. If the draw plays out the way I have it listed, they'd meet up in the semi's, assuming both take care of business in the first round.

Using your argument of Holmes losing to Boone, Boone also lost to Highlands on their home floor. Boone's defense may have had something to do with Holmes playing bad. Gabbard, Popp, McFarland are hard to press. Boone was a lot younger last year.

Boone will be perfectly content to be the underdog.

It doesn't appear that Popp is much of a factor for Boone anymore. The last couple of games that I had the opportunity to see he didn't play much. He has been relegated to a couple of minutes a per game.

I believe each district champ and runner up are placed on separate sides of the bracket and then they randomly draw to get the match up of a district champ v district runner up.

The only stipulations are that a district winner plays a district loser and you can't play a team in your district in the first round of the regional.

The only stipulations are that a district winner plays a district loser and you can't play a team in your district in the first round of the regional.

Yea...I believe all the names are put in a hat and they keep drawing until a district champ is placed against a district runner up, not in the same district.

Just like EC against Shelby Valley...right?? BTW, didn't Holmes lose on Boone's homefloor and not on a neutral floor? :sssh:

Right!!! Only we won't have to face SV in our road to TRY and get to State, but Holmes could very well have to play BOONE!!!!!!!!!!! Uh! OH!:scared::scared::ylsuper::banana: