Who has the worst pep section?

smokey

As far as the students standing and cheering for their school.

I would say that Greenup is one of the worst I have seen. Their are a few fans that stand and clap and cheer when the boys come on the floor but

their is a lot that just sit their. The student section hardly ever stands up and cheers at all.:irked:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as the students standing and cheering for their school.

I would say that Greenup is one of the worst I have seen. Their are a few fans that stand and clap and cheer when the boys come on the floor but

their is a lot that just sit their. The student section hardly ever stands up and cheers at all.:irked:

I have to add Ashland to the mix. Last year those kids were at every home game painted up and ready to cheer. This year they sit like lumps if they come at all. The only game they were supportive at was the Russell game. I don't know what has happened but it would seem that someone in the administration would get someone to organize a cohesive group to get it together. VERY disapointed in Ashland student section. The cheerleaders don't even travel to close away games. What's up with that??:confused:

Holmes could be in the top ten in this to, can remember the days when there was standing room only. Terrible overall fan count. Not much of a student section, if any at times. :idunno::irked:

I agree Holmes student section has been MIA since early 90's.

Ad South Oldham to the list. They want a refined crowd of suit wearing opera goers. As far as students....their excitement is squashed by admin to the point that most don't even attend. It is sad.

Elliott is the same way. If not for the parents, families, and the faithful fans, the gym would be empty.

I have been disappointed in the student section at Boyle County. They were rowdy for a scrimmage against Montgomery County in the preseason, but I haven't heard a word from them since, with the exception of the Danville game. Considering how rowdy the fans and students get for the football games, I wish the basketball team would get the same kind of rowdiness from their loyal crowd. I have always believed that a rowdy home crowd is worth 3-6 points which can make all the difference in a game.

Are you serious? Have you ever been to an Elliott County game. That gym is packed, and almost every home game they have to open the PAC so people can watch the game on an overhead. I am a teacher at Elliott and every game I go to, it is full of students. Probally close to two thirds of the students I have are at the game. I have attended many local games and never seen the fire that an Elliott Co. crowd has. To even mention Elliott County in this thread is beyond my comprehension.

Elliott is the same way. If not for the parents, families, and the faithful fans, the gym would be empty.

Go to an 11th Region game not at Scott County or Lexington Catholic...

Maybe I shouldn't paint with such a broad brush, but I've been to games at Lafayette, Tates Creek, Henry Clay - pretty much the same.

Come to a Franklin County game if you want to see a good student section, or just good fans overall. I know people on here say us FC fans are crazy, just passion thats all it is. For example last week at the Franklin County Western Hills game, the FC students sat behind the WH bench at WH gym, priceless.

I know this is a thread for worst student sections but you can leave GRC out of the discussion. GRC's student section has been very solid at almost every game, big numbers, very loud and always supportive of their team(as well as getting on the other team). They have been one of most solid that I've seen this year.

Are you serious? Have you ever been to an Elliott County game. That gym is packed, and almost every home game they have to open the PAC so people can watch the game on an overhead. I am a teacher at Elliott and every game I go to, it is full of students. Probally close to two thirds of the students I have are at the game. I have attended many local games and never seen the fire that an Elliott Co. crowd has. To even mention Elliott County in this thread is beyond my comprehension.

There is no student section. All those rowdy loud fans are parents.