Who has the worst pep section?

smokey

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No all rowdy fans are not parents. You need to come to a game sometime, then perhaps you will see what I am talking about.:thumb:

I've not missed a home or away game in several years. See my avatar, that's us at Rupp last year. Our student section got killed out a few years ago by the principal. He did away with signs, and rowdy kids chanting. The last kids I saw with Elliott County face and body paint was at Richmond year before last, and they were not even Elliott kids, they were Lawrence County kids cheering for us. When I think of student sections, Russell and Morgan and some others have good ones.:taz:

Again I see two thirds of my students at every game. I dont understand how I see them and you dont, but oh well. Not worth arguing over.:notworthy:

I've not missed a home or away game in several years. See my avatar, that's us at Rupp last year. Our student section got killed out a few years ago by the principal. He did away with signs, and rowdy kids chanting. The last kids I saw with Elliott County face and body paint was at Richmond year before last, and they were not even Elliott kids, they were Lawrence County kids cheering for us. When I think of student sections, Russell and Morgan and some others have good ones.:taz:

Again I see two thirds of my students at every game. I dont understand how I see them and you dont, but oh well. Not worth arguing over.:notworthy:

oh well, see you at the game, hope you will be cheering, I sure will.

I've been to almost every Greenup game home and away this season and GC by far has the worst pep section! Even the visiting team bring a better pep section. Last night at BC, despite having a losing season, their pep section was huge and rowdy!! This being said, I challenge the GC pep section in the few remaining games to show up and make some "Musketeer" noise!!!

Don't let a small section of about 6-10 parents be the only pep section we have.

That's right I'm calling you out!!!!!:ylsuper:

I would have to agree that even though our season has been MORE than discouraging, we've maintained the fan base from start to finish. The sad thing is that the current attendance is so much smaller than the "old days". We haven't had the upper deck of bleachers out once this year and only 2/3 of the home side filled. Times have changed but I'm proud of how the current Lions have a never say die attitude and no matter what the score, they're still giving it their all. Props to Boyd County!:thumb:

I know this is a thread for worst student sections but you can leave GRC out of the discussion. GRC's student section has been very solid at almost every game, big numbers, very loud and always supportive of their team(as well as getting on the other team). They have been one of most solid that I've seen this year.

GRC is a big school so I have to disagree. For the number of enrolled students to the number who attend games it is low and not real well organized anymore!

Signs can get ridiculous, I understand why they could have been done away with. Sometimes chants can get out of hand and show lack of sportsmanship. An admin should be careful in the manner of how they approach their discplinary acts, with respect to a pep section. :dancingpa

GRC is a big school so I have to disagree. For the number of enrolled students to the number who attend games it is low and not real well organized anymore!

I think this years is better than the past few years IMO. Compared to every team GRC has played on the road, they have been better than everybody else except Ryle's section who was pretty good and creative. I agree that it could be a lot better numbers wise but they are still solid.

Signs can get ridiculous, I understand why they could have been done away with. Sometimes chants can get out of hand and show lack of sportsmanship. An admin should be careful in the manner of how they approach their discplinary acts, with respect to a pep section. :dancingpa

I agree with the signs being done away with. The chants have been going on for years!! The pep section at Greenup doesn't clap or cheer or nothing. Tonight was senior night and when they announced the seniors only a few stood up and clapped in the whole gym!!:irked:

As far as the students standing and cheering for their school.

I would say that Greenup is one of the worst I have seen. Their are a few fans that stand and clap and cheer when the boys come on the floor but

their is a lot that just sit their. The student section hardly ever stands up and cheers at all.:irked:

I agree totally, Greenup used to have one of the best. They dont even dress up like farmers at the Russell games anymore, it really makes me sad.

I would have to agree that even though our season has been MORE than discouraging, we've maintained the fan base from start to finish. The sad thing is that the current attendance is so much smaller than the "old days". We haven't had the upper deck of bleachers out once this year and only 2/3 of the home side filled. Times have changed but I'm proud of how the current Lions have a never say die attitude and no matter what the score, they're still giving it their all. Props to Boyd County!:thumb:

'62, welcome to the site. Check out the link below when you get the chance, it has been known to answer a few questions.:thumb:

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=35010