Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2009 Simon Kenton

Featured Replies

What does Simon Kenton need to do to improve in 2009? What do they need to keep doing to be successful? Remember, please be constructive.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only way they can improve is win the championship.You go boys.Miles will have a monster year.

Who do they have coming back in starting positions?

Improvement in the passing game and defensive passing game would be a positive.

They return 7 offense and 7 defense players from the 2008 team, the talent is there.

If they play as a team, one game at a time big things can happen in 2009.

SK will also be gaining a solid group of freshmen from South Kenton and the 2008 Middle School Football champions from Twenhofel. I would expect to a strong Freshman season and to see alot of these kids playing varsity in 2010. I believe the Twenhofel team had a defense that shut some very good teams out.

Improvement in the passing game and defensive passing game would be a positive.

 

:thumb: The biggest thing the Neers need to improve.

SK will also be gaining a solid group of freshmen from South Kenton and the 2008 Middle School Football champions from Twenhofel. I would expect to a strong Freshman season and to see alot of these kids playing varsity in 2010. I believe the Twenhofel team had a defense that shut some very good teams out.

 

They will most likely not have an impact at all in 2009, maybe not even in 2010!

 

So, as of right now, it won't really have that great of an impact except maybe on the Freshman and JV levels, not Varsity.

There are several skilled players in the incoming freshman class that should contribute on the varsity level as Sophomores. One of the things the Pioneers have lacked is depth and this class will provide much needed talented players (although young) to support a strong senior class in 2010.

SK will also be gaining a solid group of freshmen from South Kenton and the 2008 Middle School Football champions from Twenhofel. I would expect to a strong Freshman season and to see alot of these kids playing varsity in 2010. I believe the Twenhofel team had a defense that shut some very good teams out.

 

The last freshman to dress varsity and JV was Chad Lawerance. Austin Baldwin and Zach Carrol didn't even dress JV or Varsity. So I don't think any freshman are going to dress Jv or varsity.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Sorry. Maybe I misspoke. I don't think this group of Freshman will help at the varsity level next year. My intention was to say they would add depth as Sophomores in 2010 for the varsity when Chad, Zach and Austin are seniors.

Miles will in fact have an amazing year and with being a huge recruit expect Marksberry to feed him the ball even more, but a lot of people over look Jordan Hansel. Miles' mother brought this up to me yesterday and it's the truth! In that playoff upset to Boone Jordan had just as big of an impact as Miles. Miles just got his name and the cool picture (with Lokesak lunging for him down the sideline) in the paper on Saturday.

 

Now that I got that rant out of my system. Sk will have an amazing year! Miles and Jordan both will put up great numbers and go to a "Bigtime College" for football.

Miles will in fact have an amazing year and with being a huge recruit expect Marksberry to feed him the ball even more, but a lot of people over look Jordan Hansel. Miles' mother brought this up to me yesterday and it's the truth! In that playoff upset to Boone Jordan had just as big of an impact as Miles. Miles just got his name and the cool picture (with Lokesak lunging for him down the sideline) in the paper on Saturday.

 

Now that I got that rant out of my system. Sk will have an amazing year! Miles and Jordan both will put up great numbers and go to a "Bigtime College" for football.

 

 

If Coach Marksberry does what I have bolded in your post, SK's chances of winning state did not improve much (if at all) from last year to this year. T and X are just too good year in and year out to be beaten by a one dimensional offense flowing primarily through one player. I don't know this Hansel kid, but if he's as good as you say he is, Marksberry better get him the ball a lot so opposing Ds can't just focus on Simpson. And as NEERFAN pointed out, they need to improve their passing game to further diversify their O. In my opinion, and it may be wrong admittedly, SK can go deep in the playoffs riding Simpson, but they cannot win state or even be competitive in the state game if they just ride Simpson. Good luck to the Neers. I'd love to see them pick off those dang Shamrocks or Tigers in the State game for multiple reasons. :D

I have to agree with leatherneck the shamrocks and tigers will game plan against Simpson with 8 or 9 defenders in the box and a couple of backers key. He needs somebody else to step up. You can't be one dimensional against either team but it is quite pleasant for an alumni that suffered through 3-30 record playing for SK in 80's to see how far the Neers have come. I played for Fitzer and Red Dog when the talent was slim and you were jeered in the hallways after the game. I think what is happening is very exciting and only wish them well. It is now why I am involved with Fort Thomas Jr Football and will have two boys eventually going through the organization. I married a bluebird and I have to tell you it is a great community and I have never been treated as an outsider and I am big bluebird fan. I still like to see where the pioneers have come, because I was a part of some one sided games and long bus rides. Good luck!

If Coach Marksberry does what I have bolded in your post, SK's chances of winning state did not improve much (if at all) from last year to this year. T and X are just too good year in and year out to be beaten by a one dimensional offense flowing primarily through one player. I don't know this Hansel kid, but if he's as good as you say he is, Marksberry better get him the ball a lot so opposing Ds can't just focus on Simpson. And as NEERFAN pointed out, they need to improve their passing game to further diversify their O. In my opinion, and it may be wrong admittedly, SK can go deep in the playoffs riding Simpson, but they cannot win state or even be competitive in the state game if they just ride Simpson. Good luck to the Neers. I'd love to see them pick off those dang Shamrocks or Tigers in the State game for multiple reasons. :D

 

Jordan is a 6'4'' 285lb. linemen. I was just pointing out that he's a huge part not that he needs the ball.:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.