Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC 65 Georgetown 57

Featured Replies

Yes they did. Helped the team out a lot tonight...

 

I thought it was a pretty cool idea. Your attendance has been horrible as of late anyway, you have a little momentum, playing in a huge game, and considering the weather conditions you aren't going to get a good crowd anyway. They might have won a few people over for their next home game.

  • Replies 59
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I thought it was a pretty cool idea. Your attendance has been horrible as of late anyway, you have a little momentum, playing in a huge game, and considering the weather conditions you aren't going to get a good crowd anyway. They might have won a few people over for their next home game.

Most of the attendance issue can be traced to 2 things.

 

1) Very poor student support.

 

2) Charging $30 for awful seats in the upper corners.

 

I'm hearing both things are being looked at going forward. We'll see...

Most of the attendance issue can be traced to 2 things.

 

1) Very poor student support.

 

2) Charging $30 for awful seats in the upper corners.

 

I'm hearing both things are being looked at going forward. We'll see...

 

Well a weak team doesn't help it out much

  • Author
Well a weak team doesn't help it out much

No doubt...

It will be interesting to see where UC is tomorrow, RPI-wise, in comparison to other supposed tourney teams.

 

Agreed. I'll say bubble.

Agreed, but there is a long way to go...if they are a bubble team heading into March, they don't want Providence on the bubble with them.

  • Author
Agreed, but there is a long way to go...if they are a bubble team heading into March, they don't want Providence on the bubble with them.

They are a decent NIT team right now and I'm fine with that...

I believe I said this in another post earlier from a different Georgetown thread. I just think they are overhyped and overrated and their play is showing it (they just have too many young players who aren't consistent enough to really put a hurting on somebody currently). The same can be said for Notre Dame and Syracuse.

 

The Big East IMO is the most competitive and strongest conference this year, but I believe their so called "blatant" superiority over all the other conferences are extremely blown out of proportion. The BEast is strong, just not as strong as the media has them out to be.

Nova, Pitt, UL, WVU or Syracuse last year come to mind. Maybe X two years ago with a brutal roster maybe???

 

At Louisville IMO.

They are a decent NIT team right now and I'm fine with that...

 

Two good road wins and that changes. I just hope they don't start thinking about it or worse hearing about it.

Very nice win for UC, Georgetown is in kind of a slump, man you have to bring your A game every night in the Big East.

Agreed, but there is a long way to go...if they are a bubble team heading into March, they don't want Providence on the bubble with them.

 

Great point. Keep rooting for Providence UC fans...

:thumb:

 

I'm not completely sold on the Big East (outside of UCONN, Pitt, & Louisville), but they've got enough highly rated teams for UC to knock a few of them off and sneak into the tourney...

 

I think the Big East tournament is going to make or break a lot of teams this year. It'll be interesting.

 

Marquette???:confused:

Are all Big East teams eligible for the BE tournament this season?

Are all Big East teams eligible for the BE tournament this season?
Yup.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.