Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

36th District Draw

Featured Replies

Nobody is going to do away with the district tournament. However, I believe that every district should be seeded. All the small schools get a chance to play in the All A. For a majority of the small schools, that is their state tournament. I still like the two team from each district advancing too. What if the top two teams in the region are in the same district?? Are you going to send one of them home?? Probably not. The regional tournament is about who is hot during the last couple weeeks of the season, so why would you only have 4 teams in the regional tournament. That's what makes it interesting b/c typically in the 9th region there are 6-7 teams able to win the championship.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the District Tournaments and also think it is time to not allow the District runner up a spot in the Regional tourney. Just shorten it to 4 teams in the Regional tourney. You have to win to advance period.

 

Yeah I love explaining this to fellow employees that live across the crick. They usually look at me like I'm nuts, and then ask the question, " ya'll can lose in your district tournament, and still go to the next step in the state tourney process. I just :idunno:

Nobody is going to do away with the district tournament. However, I believe that every district should be seeded. All the small schools get a chance to play in the All A. For a majority of the small schools, that is their state tournament. I still like the two team from each district advancing too. What if the top two teams in the region are in the same district?? Are you going to send one of them home?? Probably not. The regional tournament is about who is hot during the last couple weeeks of the season, so why would you only have 4 teams in the regional tournament. That's what makes it interesting b/c typically in the 9th region there are 6-7 teams able to win the championship.

 

The top two teams have typically been in the same district in the past with Holmes and CCH in the 35th.

Yeah I love explaining this to fellow employees that live across the crick. They usually look at me like I'm nuts, and then ask the question, " ya'll can lose in your district tournament, and still go to the next step in the state tourney process. I just :idunno:

 

This is like a team in the NCAA losing their conference tournament but then still getting into the Final 65. If a team can't win their own conference tourney, should they get into the NCAA? I say yes if they earned through their play all season. Mkaing it to the district runner up earns you a slot in the regional. I have no problem with the district runner up getting into the regional. Sometimes the district runner up is one of the 2 best teams in the region and maybe one of the best in the state, as noted in posts above.

This is like a team in the NCAA losing their conference tournament but then still getting into the Final 65. If a team can't win their own conference tourney, should they get into the NCAA? I say yes if they earned through their play all season. Mkaing it to the district runner up earns you a slot in the regional. I have no problem with the district runner up getting into the regional. Sometimes the district runner up is one of the 2 best teams in the region and maybe one of the best in the state, as noted in posts above.

 

Whats your stance if 3 teams in the same district are tops in their respective region? Someone doesn't get to go. And sometimes the district runnerup isn't anywhere near being the best 8 in the region, yet they get to go. Two way street. As far as the NCAA tournament, it is more predicated on what a team does all season. Not what happens in conference tourney. What a high school team does during the season has no bearing on whether they get to the regional.

Whats your stance if 3 teams in the same district are tops in their respective region? Someone doesn't get to go. And sometimes the district runnerup isn't anywhere near being the best 8 in the region, yet they get to go. Two way street. As far as the NCAA tournament, it is more predicated on what a team does all season. Not what happens in conference tourney. What a high school team does during the season has no bearing on whether they get to the regional.

 

I agree with you, but what do you think they should do differently instead of a district tournament?

I agree with you, but what do you think they should do differently instead of a district tournament?

 

Super Regional. All teams in one tournament, with Elite 8 at a big venue. Oh and if you lose, you're done.

How would the seedings have played out if indeed they would seed this district? I think most posters on here think HHS would be #1, Newcath #2, and Newport #3--but in the games used to seed teams all three teams have the same record. ( 1-1 ).

 

What is the seeding tiebreaker for other districts?

How would the seedings have played out if indeed they would seed this district? I think most posters on here think HHS would be #1, Newcath #2, and Newport #3--but in the games used to seed teams all three teams have the same record. ( 1-1 ).

 

What is the seeding tiebreaker for other districts?

 

There was a thread a couple weeks ago where this question came up. There was no for sure answers to the question. Some people said that it would be decided over a coin toss and others said it would come to point differential.

How would the seedings have played out if indeed they would seed this district? I think most posters on here think HHS would be #1, Newcath #2, and Newport #3--but in the games used to seed teams all three teams have the same record. ( 1-1 ).

 

What is the seeding tiebreaker for other districts?

 

I think for a true seed, they should all play each other.

I think for a true seed, they should all play each other.

 

If you mean that HHS, Newport, and NCC should all play Bellevue and Dayton- I agree. Wouldn't change anything this year. The top three teams would still need a tiebreaker to settle the seeding. They would all be 3-1.

I like the idea of a seeded "super regional' but how would that work out? In order to truly do that, every team in nky in the 9th would have to play one another to get the seeding correct by record. Also it wouldn't really benefit a lot of teams to play one another. What would Holmes gain from playing DIII schools like Ludlow, Dayton, Villa, Bellevue, and Silver Grove? Highlands already doesn't play Bellevue and Dayton because they'd gain nothing from it.

 

I like the way everything is now with the district champ and runner up going to the regional. I think in order to truly have the 8 best teams in the region tournament though, EVERY district in nky needs to go to seeding. It's nice to see a team like Bellevue there but wouldn't people much rather see Newcath, who was the only NKY team to beat Holmes last year? Until all districts go to the seeding, we'll continue to not see the 8 best teams at the region tournament.

It's nice to see a team like Bellevue there but wouldn't people much rather see Newcath, who was the only NKY team to beat Holmes last year? Until all districts go to the seeding, we'll continue to not see the 8 best teams at the region tournament.

 

At what point in time did it come to pass that high school athletics had ANYTHING to do with "what people want to see?" ER I usually either agree with what you say or see your logic, but this doesn't even pass the smell test. Big school fans want everything seeded and they want one class in basketball, so I guess those who attend small schools should just shut up and live with that eh? The All-A is not, as has been stated on this website time and time again, a state sanctioned "Title" of any kind. It's no different than the King of the Bluegrass as far as tournaments go, but it's usually the first line of defense for the one-class, seed everything proponents. Those same people have no problem saying the smaller schools "get the satisfaction of playing up and beating the big guys," so why not have the big guys get the same satisfaction? If the state ever mandates seeding in all districts, so be it, but why disparage schools in a district that vote, annually not to do so? In the 36th it takes three votes and that is a majority, last time I heard that is how a true democracy works. Love your support of my bloved Bulldogs, love your analysis, think your a great fan, but I can't let this one go without comment.

At what point in time did it come to pass that high school athletics had ANYTHING to do with "what people want to see?" ER I usually either agree with what you say or see your logic, but this doesn't even pass the smell test. Big school fans want everything seeded and they want one class in basketball, so I guess those who attend small schools should just shut up and live with that eh? The All-A is not, as has been stated on this website time and time again, a state sanctioned "Title" of any kind. It's no different than the King of the Bluegrass as far as tournaments go, but it's usually the first line of defense for the one-class, seed everything proponents. Those same people have no problem saying the smaller schools "get the satisfaction of playing up and beating the big guys," so why not have the big guys get the same satisfaction? If the state ever mandates seeding in all districts, so be it, but why disparage schools in a district that vote, annually not to do so? In the 36th it takes three votes and that is a majority, last time I heard that is how a true democracy works. Love your support of my bloved Bulldogs, love your analysis, think your a great fan, but I can't let this one go without comment.

 

I think we had a disagreement about this last March as well. I guess this is something we both will continue to agree to disagree on. Nothing wrong with that. I respect your analysis as well. We just see things differently in this situation. :thumb:

We are talking about the 36th district here. There are no mega giant monster schools that are just going around and spitting out smaller schools in this district. The small vs. large school argument really doesn't fly here. Play each other, seed the darn thing, and those who get to the regional have earned it.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.