Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

36th District Draw

Featured Replies

I still don't understand why there are some districts that even do a blind draw. That totally negates anything that goes on in the regular season. And last year the two best teams didn't even make it to the regional.

 

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:

  • Replies 52
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do understand the idea of a blind draw, but the best two teams should be on opposite sides of the bracket. I agree with Theoldman12 in that's why they have the All "A" Classic.

Where's the 36 tourney held this year?

 

I believe New Cath, but could be wrong.

That's a pretty bold statement considering Highlands already beat them by 18.

 

I didn't mean to be so direct but I think Newport is just going be pretty hungry to get to the regional tournament and they have a team that seems to be very talented and capable of beating alot of teams and I think Highlands is a team they can beat.

The KHSAA won't go to the blind draw until it has successfully eliminates all three team districts. With the consolidation in Regions 1 2 & 3, it won't be any time soon.

The KHSAA won't go to the blind draw until it has successfully eliminates all three team districts. With the consolidation in Regions 1 2 & 3, it won't be any time soon.

 

But you're right, it will create havoc with the small schools..

  • Author
I believe New Cath, but could be wrong.

 

It is a NewCath. I would like to see the district tournaments eliminated and just have one big regional tournament. Maybe seed the top 4 teams. It would be more interesting to play other teams in the post season than the same ones every year.

It is a NewCath. I would like to see the district tournaments eliminated and just have one big regional tournament. Maybe seed the top 4 teams. It would be more interesting to play other teams in the post season than the same ones every year.

 

I've been advocating this for some time. The fact you can lose in the dist. tourney and still advance is just stupid.

That is for both Boys and Girls isn't it??

Yea I didn't think about it that way, but that's why they have the all "a".

 

The "ALL A" isn't even the "ALL A" anymore since they decided to allow some schools which aren't ALL A in the tourney. Unfortunately, what started out 30 years ago as an opportunity for simply small schools to compete in a statewide competition has now evolved into a tournament that is more about the money than the schools in my opinion. Otherwise, you would not have AA schools competing such as Newport, Lloyd and others across the state.

  • Author
That is for both Boys and Girls isn't it??

 

Yes, both boys and girls.

The "ALL A" isn't even the "ALL A" anymore since they decided to allow some schools which aren't ALL A in the tourney. Unfortunately, what started out 30 years ago as an opportunity for simply small schools to compete in a statewide competition has now evolved into a tournament that is more about the money than the schools in my opinion. Otherwise, you would not have AA schools competing such as Newport, Lloyd and others across the state.

 

That's true, but you still see mostly A schools in the sweet 16 so I don't think it has made that much of a difference.

I've been advocating this for some time. The fact you can lose in the dist. tourney and still advance is just stupid.

 

I like the District Tournaments and also think it is time to not allow the District runner up a spot in the Regional tourney. Just shorten it to 4 teams in the Regional tourney. You have to win to advance period.

The "ALL A" isn't even the "ALL A" anymore since they decided to allow some schools which aren't ALL A in the tourney. Unfortunately, what started out 30 years ago as an opportunity for simply small schools to compete in a statewide competition has now evolved into a tournament that is more about the money than the schools in my opinion. Otherwise, you would not have AA schools competing such as Newport, Lloyd and others across the state.

 

When is anything not about the money?:idunno:

I like the District Tournaments and also think it is time to not allow the District runner up a spot in the Regional tourney. Just shorten it to 4 teams in the Regional tourney. You have to win to advance period.

 

I agree but then again, how many times in the past ten years have we seen a district runner up win the region? I know Holmes did it in 04/05 and 06/07. In 06/07 they also advanced all the way to the state semi's as a district runner up.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.