Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

36th District Draw

Featured Replies

Whats your stance if 3 teams in the same district are tops in their respective region? Someone doesn't get to go. And sometimes the district runnerup isn't anywhere near being the best 8 in the region, yet they get to go. Two way street. As far as the NCAA tournament, it is more predicated on what a team does all season. Not what happens in conference tourney. What a high school team does during the season has no bearing on whether they get to the regional.

 

This happened in 06/07 when CCH was #1, Holmes was #2, and HC was #3. HC lost to Holmes and didn't even make it to regionals. They were #3 in the region, but also in their district. I think Ludlow made it out of the 34th that year. I like the idea of districts and seeding, but that comes to mind with HC getting screwed.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This happened in 06/07 when CCH was #1, Holmes was #2, and HC was #3. HC lost to Holmes and didn't even make it to regionals. They were #3 in the region, but also in their district. I think Ludlow made it out of the 34th that year. I like the idea of districts and seeding, but that comes to mind with HC getting screwed.

 

Put everyone in a seeded super regional and HC doesn't face either 1 or 2 until the semis and on a neutral floor. I don't understand why this doesn't make sense to some??

Put everyone in a seeded super regional and HC doesn't face either 1 or 2 until the semis and on a neutral floor. I don't understand why this doesn't make sense to some??

 

The problem would be having to play everyone in the region.

Whats your stance if 3 teams in the same district are tops in their respective region? Someone doesn't get to go. And sometimes the district runnerup isn't anywhere near being the best 8 in the region, yet they get to go. Two way street. As far as the NCAA tournament, it is more predicated on what a team does all season. Not what happens in conference tourney. What a high school team does during the season has no bearing on whether they get to the regional.

 

The season matters in high school if you seed in the district.

 

I just don't get it at all why people have a problem with the district runner up getting to the regional. What is the harm?

We are talking about the 36th district here. There are no mega giant monster schools that are just going around and spitting out smaller schools in this district. The small vs. large school argument really doesn't fly here. Play each other, seed the darn thing, and those who get to the regional have earned it.

 

You're kidding right?

You're kidding right?

 

Nope. I believe you deserve what earn. Nothing more. Nothing less.

I think that the KHSAA needs to step in and make every district have seedings.

 

I AGREE 100 %, WHY DON'T THEY????:confused:

I AGREE 100 %, WHY DON'T THEY????:confused:

 

I totally agree with you, but the reason they do it is so the small schools can get lucky every now and then and draw another small school in the district so they have a chance to make the regional. This happened last year in the 36th with Dayton playing Bellevue and the winner made it to Regionals.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.