Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AP Poll - 1/26/09

Featured Replies

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were a little harsh on Notre Dame

  • Author

-Kentucky breaks into the rankings at #24. This is their first ranking since November of 2007, when they fell out after losing to Gardner-Webb, spanning 49 games.

 

-A lot more disagreement here on who is #1. The coaches only had one dissenting vote, while 10 voted someone other than Duke #1, and someone voted them #3.

 

-Somewhat surprised to see Clemson only drop two spots to #12. Yeah, they lost at North Carolina, but they lost by 24. That's a pretty big margin.

I was thinking that UK would surely be ranked this week. Now, the next step is holding the ranking!

I thought Notre Dame's drop was understandable.

 

Carolina is the best team in the country. They may not lose the rest of the year.

 

Cats will lose this week--not sure when. SEC teams aren't fairing well being ranked.

Glad to see UK back in the top 25 again.

They were a little harsh on Notre Dame

 

I dont think so. They've lost 4 of their last 6

I dont think so. They've lost 4 of their last 6

 

:thumb:

Surprised Georgetown stayed in the rankings.

 

I think Xavier might be a bit too high, I say they are more in the 13-17 range, but I'll take it.

Surprised Georgetown stayed in the rankings.

 

I think Xavier might be a bit too high, I say they are more in the 13-17 range, but I'll take it.

 

Based on what?

Based on what?

 

Um, my opinion. I just don't think they are a top 10 team right now. Duke's pressure defense really bothered them and that kind of pressure will continue to do so.

Um, my opinion. I just don't think they are a top 10 team right now. Duke's pressure defense really bothered them and that kind of pressure will continue to do so.

 

Duke is one of the best defensive teams in the country, so I doubt Xavier will see that kind of pressure until late March.

Duke is one of the best defensive teams in the country, so I doubt Xavier will see that kind of pressure until late March.

 

X looked like a high school team compared to Duke in the first part of that game. I agree with Nobiz on this one. X is a solid team, but aren't top 10 right now.

Once again, Texas and UCLA are overrated. I am just not too high on either of them this year. Also I would have Notre Dame ranked over Georgetown.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.