Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

13th region Baseball

Featured Replies

Any sophmores for Corbin to be thrown in the mix for pitching?

  • Replies 102
  • Views 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baseball will begin March 23rd. Let's use this thread to discuss the 13th Region, Teams, Players to watch, Schedules, Sr college commits and the season.

 

Barbourville

Bell County

Clay County

Corbin

Harlan

Harlan County

Jackson County

Knox Central

Lynn Camp

Middlesboro

North Laurel

Pineville

Red Bird

South Laurel

Whitley County

Williamsburg

Edited by STRIKE3
added Harlan County

I believe that the top 3 teams coming into this year are:

1.Middlesboro

2.Bell Co.

3.South Laurel

What does everyone else think about the best teams in the region this year?

I think by the end of the season Corbin and Whitley will be in the mix of things.

I think that the Rob Ledington taking over the Whitley program will have a immediate effect on the Colonels, much like the effect he had on Bell County last year. I am not saynig they will win the region but they will be a much improved team.

Bell Co. has to be the team to beat going in. I think they have 8 starters back off the last years team that one the Region, including the player of the year Spencer Greer.

Bell Co. has to be the team to beat going in. I think they have 8 starters back off the last years team that one the Region, including the player of the year Spencer Greer.

 

I agree with you but you can't count out SL, Corbin and Clay.

I think the team to beat this year will be Clay Co. Well coached and most all their starters returning.Another team to watch out for by tournment time will be North Laurel, the best group of Freshman to ever come in.

The Harlan County Black Bears will be in the run and will make themselves known as one of the best teams in the 13th.

There was an 8th grader for Williamsbug that I read about and watched who went 7-0 last year beating South, Corbin and Middlesboro.

That 8th. grader would be Jared Barton. I look for him to be one of the best pitchers in the region. Williamsburg should be a contender this year with Junior Ryan Moses and Seniors Jacob Teague & Brandon Conlin. Rob Ledington's leadership will certainly raise the Colonels to a new level of play. It should be an interesting season in the 13th.

I think Martin at SL is the best in the region also.

 

Is Pittman even healthy? I always thought their lefty was harder to hit anyway.

In regards to best outfielders in the region, there are really a bunch of them. Partin from Middlesboro is good but he seems to strike out when he doesn't get a hit. As far as best arms go, I remember an OF from Corbin having a very good arm. Can anyone from Corbin help me out.

 

SL should have a lot of depth at the OF position this year for the first time in a while.

In regards to best outfielders in the region, there are really a bunch of them. Partin from Middlesboro is good but he seems to strike out when he doesn't get a hit. As far as best arms go, I remember an OF from Corbin having a very good arm. Can anyone from Corbin help me out.

 

SL should have a lot of depth at the OF position this year for the first time in a while.

 

You are probably talking about Blake Hendrickson for Corbin having the strong arm. I saw where Corbin outfielder Corey Sewell was also named one of the top 50 players in KY.

I wouldn't count out HCHS yet, John will put together a very good squad, I would also put him ( knowledge wise ) top 10 in the state....Watch out, And this Isn't a homer pick, I played for him, He gets the most out of his kids...

I wouldn't count out HCHS yet, John will put together a very good squad, I would also put him ( knowledge wise ) top 10 in the state....Watch out, And this Isn't a homer pick, I played for him, He gets the most out of his kids...

 

John is a good guy and all but top 10 in the state (knowledge wise)? Are you kidding? I remember his last year at Cawood they went 6-12. Looking at their schedule, they lost 23-1 in 3 innings to Middlesboro and 10-0 to Whitesburg. I'm not quite sure he got the most out of his kids in these games. At least I hope not.

 

Like I said, he is a nice guy but he's just not an outstanding coach. HCHS would have to beat Bell and Middlesboro to even get to region and I don't see it happening. Bell is the reigning regional champ and Middlesboro should be revamped with their old coach back in there.

 

Also, I've heard that district is set up so they have win 2 of 3 on Monday and Tuesday in order to win the advantage of seeding. Do you really think their pitching is deep enough to win 2 of 3

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.