Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

13th region Baseball

Featured Replies

You're pitching will be you're weakness. Dominate I think a little far-fetched don't you?

 

 

Give It time...Bank on It..

  • Replies 102
  • Views 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean they didn't get to play or they decided not to play? Fact is that there hasn't been a team in the 13th region that has been great at every spot on the field. That is where coaching comes in. A coach coach makes those bad players into average players that can at the very least field their position.

 

They might very well prove me wrong and by all means, with the numbers they have, they SHOULD have a monster. I think they picked the wrong guy though. I thought they should have went outside the system to find someone who has been winning for a while to inject some sort of renewed energy into an area that hasn't won a regional title in over a decade.

 

Something you'll never know, But all 7 played...And the game wasn't thrown, Nor was It a statement towards coach....That's All Im going to say

We don't have our new fields yet, but hope to soon (at least by next year). We scrimmaged Perry Central last night and looked pretty good. Of course everybody played and they were switching around but overall I think our Baseball Black Bears are going to do well. We did win against a good Perry Central team. They have some good size boys too.

As nice as our school and gym are, I'm sure there will be no cutting corners when we get our outside facilities.

We don't have our new fields yet, but hope to soon (at least by next year). We scrimmaged Perry Central last night and looked pretty good. Of course everybody played and they were switching around but overall I think our Baseball Black Bears are going to do well. We did win against a good Perry Central team. They have some good size boys too.

 

So where will Harlan Co. play their home games this year?

We don't have our new fields yet, but hope to soon (at least by next year). We scrimmaged Perry Central last night and looked pretty good. Of course everybody played and they were switching around but overall I think our Baseball Black Bears are going to do well. We did win against a good Perry Central team. They have some good size boys too.

 

There is no real winner in scrimmages. Coaches usually throw staff and try to get as many players a possible in the game. This includes using JV players that will never see the light of day. Perry County Central went 25-9 last year. Evarts, Cawood, and Cumberland combined for just 21 wins all together.

 

I seriously doubt HC is on that level just yet.

 

I mean, who are your top pitchers and what school did they pitch at last year?

There is no real winner in scrimmages. Coaches usually throw staff and try to get as many players a possible in the game. This includes using JV players that will never see the light of day. Perry County Central went 25-9 last year. Evarts, Cawood, and Cumberland combined for just 21 wins all together.

 

I seriously doubt HC is on that level just yet.

 

I mean, who are your top pitchers and what school did they pitch at last year?

 

Dude, what's your deal? You continue to bash HC for some reason. You have made it perfectly clear that you don't think HC will be very competitive. The fans in Harlan County are excited about the upcoming season as most fans are for their respective schools.

There is no real winner in scrimmages. Coaches usually throw staff and try to get as many players a possible in the game. This includes using JV players that will never see the light of day. Perry County Central went 25-9 last year. Evarts, Cawood, and Cumberland combined for just 21 wins all together.

 

I seriously doubt HC is on that level just yet.

 

I mean, who are your top pitchers and what school did they pitch at last year?

 

Paul David Creech-Cumberland

Zach Blanton-Cumberland

Chase Niday-Cawood

Justin Bashier-Cumberland

Tyler Boggs-He is in 8th grade

 

Those are our top pitchers coming into this year..Pd Creech pitched last night mostly for the bears untill subs took ther game over...GO BLACK BEAR BASEBALL!!!!!!

As nice as our school and gym are, I'm sure there will be no cutting corners when we get our outside facilities.

 

Thanks no corners should be cut, I'm sure the outside facilties will be impressive as well.:thumb:

Dude, what's your deal? You continue to bash HC for some reason. You have made it perfectly clear that you don't think HC will be very competitive. The fans in Harlan County are excited about the upcoming season as most fans are for their respective schools.

 

I'm not bashing HC. I think they should be middle of the pack in the region. Do I think they will be a regional title competitor? No.

 

Do I think they will be a district competitor? I really don't think so.

 

 

There is a difference in being excited and having fans say they are going to dominate in just a couple of years.

I'm not bashing HC. I think they should be middle of the pack in the region. Do I think they will be a regional title competitor? No.

 

Do I think they will be a district competitor? I really don't think so.

 

 

There is a difference in being excited and having fans say they are going to dominate in just a couple of years.

 

It hasn't been all that long ago that there was one of our Harlan County teams that did "dominate" in baseball for years and years and years. This includes beating Laurel County, Corbin, Whitley, Middlesboro, Clay, Bell, etc.....year in and year out. It's not that far fetched to think that it can happen again. The Bears will contend for regional championships in the very near future. They will be competitive now. You can have your opinon. We love our Black Bears! :ylsuper:

Agreed there are no real winners in scrimmages and I'm sure both teams were using different players in different positions throughout the "scrimmage". If score had of been kept, HC would have won. K? I think our Baseball Black Bears will be competitive in the district. Isn't that what we all wish for our teams? We do LOVE THOSE BEARS!!!

I'm not bashing HC. I think they should be middle of the pack in the region. Do I think they will be a regional title competitor? No.

 

Do I think they will be a district competitor? I really don't think so.

 

 

There is a difference in being excited and having fans say they are going to dominate in just a couple of years.

 

Go Bears...It's going to be a wait and see thing, But soon...:popcorn:

Cumberland High School did dominate the 13th region in the late '80s and early '90s (but they were loaded with fundamentally talented players), seems like they ran off like 5 straight championships from '86-'90. Freddy Maggard and David Shoop were two of many very solid baseball players to play for the Redskins. Maggard was drafted by the Pirates but chose to QB at UK and Shoop went on to play for Morehead. Coach Lewis played on some of these teams, I think?

Cumberland High School did dominate the 13th region in the late '80s and early '90s (but they were loaded with fundamentally talented players), seems like they ran off like 5 straight championships from '86-'90. Freddy Maggard and David Shoop were two of many very solid baseball players to play for the Redskins. Maggard was drafted by the Pirates but chose to QB at UK and Shoop went on to play for Morehead. Coach Lewis played on some of these teams, I think?

 

Yes, John played with them....

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.