Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds done shopping for the winter.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 92
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think his quote that they have a contender is a bit of a stretch.

 

 

I think you're right, but I feel he honestly feels that way.

Let's cheer and support the REDS and this team and see what happens!

I think his quote that they have a contender is a bit of a stretch.

 

I think you're right, but I feel he honestly feels that way.

 

I agree and he might be right. I think the pitching could really carry this team. They won't need to score a bunch of runs.

  • Author
I think his quote that they have a contender is a bit of a stretch.

 

 

Should he just say this? Ok fans, we tried to get some good players but weren't very successful. I'm really sorry, but were probably going to suck for a few more years. :isurrender:

If the Reds want to compete with the Cubs, Cardinals, Astros and Brewers then they needed to do a little more.

The Cards and Astros are going to stink. I don't see the Brewers being anything special this year either.

The Cards and Astros are going to stink. I don't see the Brewers being anything special this year either.

 

Thats what was said going into last year too...

 

If Carp is healthy for STL then they will be far from stinky IMO.

Should he just say this? Ok fans, we tried to get some good players but weren't very successful. I'm really sorry, but were probably going to suck for a few more years. :isurrender:

 

No, I wouldn't have expected him to say that, although it would be closer to the truth. :rolleyes::ohbrother:

 

However, a more realistic assessment would have been something along the lines of:

We made an effort this offseason to bring in players that can help us compete now without giving away what we feel is a strong nucleus for the future. If our young pitching continues to develop and we get a bounce back year from Harang then we feel as though we can compete and be a factor all year.

 

THAT is a much more reasonable statement and goal for this season's team.

  • Author

Ok, I'll go on record here. I predict that the Reds are in the race going into August. What that means is, no more than 5 games out. :clap:

If the Reds want to compete with the Cubs, Cardinals, Astros and Brewers then they needed to do a little more.

 

Astros are terrible, Cards are very average. Right now the Reds are very average. If Alex Gonzalez is the everyday SS they are above average IMO.

Astros are terrible, Cards are very average. Right now the Reds are very average. If Alex Gonzalez is the everyday SS they are above average IMO.

 

I agree 100%.

Huh?? You've really got me confused now. I don't think the Yankees are one bit interested in Cordero.

 

No, I'm sure they aren't. Only meaning that his $12M salary is certainly handicapping the Reds from making any more moves. And there are a ton better ways that the Reds could be spending that $12M, IMO.

Astros are terrible, Cards are very average. Right now the Reds are very average. If Alex Gonzalez is the everyday SS they are above average IMO.

 

How does a very average shortstop move them from very average to above average?

 

Even if it would it is a stretch to expect a full season out of Gonzalez. He's been in the big leagues 10 full seasons and has only topped 140 games 3 times and played in less than 120 5 times. I wouldn't want my season hinging on him.

Edited by AverageJoesGym

How does a very average shortstop move them from very average to above average?

 

Considering last year their SS was below average IMO, getting an experienced SS back will not only make the defense up the middle better, it will provide another bat in the lineup with a little pop. If he's healthy he will hit 15-20 HR with somewhere around 30 2B. That's not something you could say about Keppinger or Hairston. IMO, Keppinger is a defensive liability at SS with limited range.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.