Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds done shopping for the winter.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 92
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what are we looking at on opening day; Any thoughts?

 

CF Tavers

LF Harriston

2B Phillips

RF Bruce

1B Votto

3B EE

SS Keppinger / Gonzo

C Hernadez

I think this will be the opening day roster & batting order.

 

1. CF Tavares

2. 2B Phillips

3. RF Bruce

4. 1B Votto

5. C Hernandez

6. LF Dickerson

7. 3B Encarnacion

8. SS Gonzalez

9. P Harang

 

Top 3 Bench should consist of...

Keppinger, Hopper, Hairston

 

Other Starting Pitchers

Volquez, Cueto, Arroyo, Owings

 

Top 5 Relief Pitchers

Cordero, Weathers, Bray, Burton, Rhodes

 

Sleepers for the year

Yonder Alonso, Jonny Gomes, Homer Bailey

Hairston will be the opening day SS IMO.

Hairston will be the opening day SS IMO.

 

I've heard that Gonzo is recovering and should be ready. If he is healthy, I think he will undoubtedly be the opening day SS. If not, Hairston will be.

I don't see this roster producing anything significantly better than what we've seen the past few years. Not sure what Castellini's timetable is now for turning this into a winning organization, but telling fans their focus is on the future won't do much to sell tickets for 2009.

I have read that Dusy will platoon Dickerson and Gomes in LF. I expect J. Santana will be the Opening Day starter for the Mets, so the lineup will probably look like is.

 

 

Taveras

Hariston

Bruce

Phillips

Votto

Encarnacion

Gomes

Hernandez

Harang

So our "improvements" are going to come in the form of Taveras, Rhodes, and Hernandez?

So our "improvements" are going to come in the form of Taveras, Rhodes, and Hernandez?

 

 

They must be banking on big years from Harang, Volquez, Cueto and Arroyo.

They must be banking on big years from Harang, Volquez, Cueto and Arroyo.

 

You can partially agree with that thinking. However, I was hoping for more signs of improvement.

 

Maybe this group will surprise us.

 

I don't even need a playoff team. I just want one that competes through August.

I still think Dusty surprises everyone and finds a way to get Patterson in the lineup

Hairston will be the opening day SS IMO.

 

I hope you are right, but I was trying to get into Dusty's mind! :scared:

This roster doesnt look promising but i hope they prove me wrong.

 

I cant complain about prices because they didnt raise them this year. il spend my 9 dollars a game for bleacher seats and save a little cash by packing my own snacks.

I still think Dusty surprises everyone and finds a way to get Patterson in the lineup

 

 

That would be a huge surprise, and definitely a baseball first since he is now on the Nationals roster. :lol:

That would be a huge surprise, and definitely a baseball first since he is now on the Nationals roster. :lol:

 

Frankly, it's hysterical that he is on any major league roster. I hope they are paying him league minimum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.