Scott 48 Bishop Brossart 44

Great job tonight on Scott's hand for grinding to win. Brossarts defense was very good with out a doubt, but somehow Scott got it done and that is all that matters. Scott barely beat CC and BBHS this year, and beat them on buzzer beaters last year. Very exciting district tournament ahead of us boys!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would agree. I think Scott played ugly is some folks way at a backhand compliment. There's no doubt about it... Scott struggles against a good defense who doesn't give Gligorevic easy inside baskets.

There was nothing backhanded, underhanded, or anything demeaning to Brossart's team. I have seen Scott play about a dozen times this season and this is the first time that I have seen Brossart play. I think Brossart plays good defense, but I also just think Scott didn't play up to their potential tonight.

There was nothing backhanded, underhanded, or anything demeaning to Brossart's team. I have seen Scott play about a dozen times this season and this is the first time that I have seen Brossart play. I think Brossart plays good defense, but I also just think Scott didn't play up to their potential tonight.

It pretty much falls right in line with what they did against Holy Cross. A team who is extremely similar to Brossart, and plays great defense like the 'Stangs.

Scott holds Brossart to 4 points in the 4th quarter. Brossart led most of the game and had a 7 point lead going into the final quarter.

With the win, Scott secures the #1 seed in the 37th district.

After listening to the game from the Broadcast provided in the predictions thread, it seems like Scott kept shooting themselves in the foot and just didn't look like they were ready to play.

Scott manages though to scrap though and comeback and win.

A wins a win, no matter how bad the game went for them.

Congrats Eagles!:ylsuper:

Sounds just like Coach Carr.

I would agree. I think Scott played ugly is some folks way at a backhand compliment. There's no doubt about it... Scott struggles against a good defense who doesn't give Gligorevic easy inside baskets.

To win ugly is the sign a good team.

Brossart is one of the top defensive teams in the state. They do a great job of making you grind every possession and contesting shots. They don't give style points in the 37th District games. Scott, Brossart, & Campbell County are all very good defensively and extremely well coached. They all recognize that they are going to have to play each other probably twice every year and someone is not going to get an opportunity to go to regionals.

That leads to every game between these schools having a post season atmosphere. These games aren't going to be pretty but all of the coaches would take the W!

Scott comes back from a 10 point deficit in the 4th quarter to get the win. As good as Brossart as defensively and as deliberate as they can be offensively that does not happen often.

Does that go for you state tournament prediction too?

Of course. Gotta see who's there, though.

Scott, Campbell and Brossart appear to be very evenly matched, with Scott having the knack of pulling out these close games.

Congrats to Coach Carr and the Eagles on clinching the #1 seed in the 37th, and a likely berth in the regionals along with it!! This was a game of momentum swings, and the final one swung to Scott. Both played good hard-nosed defense, as you would expect; and as a result the offense on both sides looked very sloppy at times.

No excuses for BB, but Reiger's foul trouble (sat most of the 2nd half & fouled out midway throught he 4th) really hurt the Mustangs, especially offensively, where they seem to function much more comfortably when they can run everything through him. BB has to find a way to run their offensive better when he's not out there, and looked very tentative at times in the 4th quarter. Not having Wolfer's big body to fill in for Reiger definately hurt on the defensive end.

Good gameplans and adjustments by both coaches, and great effort by both teams. Scott's outstanding depth allowed them to press most of the night, and not wear down in the 4th period, when they were able to fight back and ultimately prevail. Big week for the Eagles beating both Campbell and Brossart!!

To win ugly is the sign a good team.

I agree 100%. I am by no means saying it's a bad win for Scott... In fact it's the opposite, I thought Brossart would have a good chance at winning this because of their defense. Winning the close ones are what good teams do, but the fact that it was close wasn't because Scott played ugly. Scott played ugly because they ran into a good defense.

With this win, Scott guaranteed themselves a spot in the 10th region tourny. Congrats to the team and Coach Carr.

Literally they did, but figuratively, they didn't.

They earned the opportunity to beat Calvary Christian or Silver Grove, which would earn them a spot in the 10th Region Tournament, but by beating Brossart and earning the top seed only provided them with that opportunity and actually guaranteed them nothing.

Literally they did, but figuratively, they didn't.

They earned the opportunity to beat Calvary Christian or Silver Grove, which would earn them a spot in the 10th Region Tournament, but by beating Brossart and earning the top seed only provided them with that opportunity and actually guaranteed them nothing.

You are technically right, but we all know Scott is going to beat either one of the two, so yes, they pretty much guaranteed themselves a spot in the regional.