Bengals Draft

I would like to see them take a dominant defensive lineman. I know that they have money tied up in a few guy, but these teams with guys like Tuck, Haynesworth, Ngata and Hampton all are very good. The Bengals have nothing like this.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see them take a dominant defensive lineman. I know that they have money tied up in a few guy, but these teams with guys like Tuck, Haynesworth, Ngata and Hampton all are very good. The Bengals have nothing like this.

Sims played well towards the end of the year, and I still think Geathers has the ability to be an elite defensive end in this league.

The defense is young & talented. I'd like to see them draft an offensive lineman with their 1st pick and then the best linebacker or safety available with their next 2. If they don't draft a LB or S, then it better be a lineman. Either side of the ball will work, although I prefer OL.

It's hard to guess who the Bengals will draft. The best way to come up with a guess is too think about the teams that were on television the most this season. This is the only way they are able to scout players. So, Florida quickly comes to mind, and they don't need a WR.... My guess Percy Harvin.

Obviously, help on the O-line is needed. So that's where the focus should be. There's 3 guys out there that could help at tackle. A top center doesn't immediately come to mind, though.

And, depending on what they decide to do with TJ, I wouldn't mind them taking somebody like James Casey (TE, Rice) late in the second day. The guy can catch passes all day long, plus could help out in the running game as more of an H-back. They've already got some wideouts to slide into TJ's slot, but they still need to diversify the passing attack. I thought Utecht might be the answer this past year, but then he got hurt.