FSU's Rolle will study at Oxford instead of entering the draft

ScarHeel

I have a feeling that a Rhodes Scholar would be fully aware of what the benefits and draw backs there would be to studying at Oxford instead of entering the NFL draft this year. Sounds to me like he has his priorities straight.

Good for him.

I have a feeling that a Rhodes Scholar would be fully aware of what the benefits and draw backs there would be to studying at Oxford instead of entering the NFL draft this year. Sounds to me like he has his priorities straight.

Good for him.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Good for him.

Saying he has his priorities straight is an intersting comment.

If he was a high school athlete, then I would agree wholeheartedly; however, Rolle has the opportunity to make millions of dollars next year and be able to support himself and his family for the rest of his life with the stroke of a pen.

I don't fault him for going to Oxford. Undoubtedly, that is a great opportunity and the choice is his to make. He's worked hard to get where he's at, and he should be the one making this choice...which he is.

I just don't know that I'd say that this shows that he has his priorities straight. After all, he's already going to have a college degree...

Saying he has his priorities straight is an intersting comment.

If he was a high school athlete, then I would agree wholeheartedly; however, Rolle has the opportunity to make millions of dollars next year and be able to support himself and his family for the rest of his life with the stroke of a pen.

I don't fault him for going to Oxford. Undoubtedly, that is a great opportunity and the choice is his to make. He's worked hard to get where he's at, and he should be the one making this choice...which he is.

I just don't know that I'd say that this shows that he has his priorities straight. After all, he's already going to have a college degree...

ColonelCrazy's priorities do not equal other's priorities. Me? I like what Rolle is doing, and if given the oppurtunity to study at Oxford, Id do it too. There are probably less people that study at Oxford then there are people who play in the NFL. Rolle will probably accomplish more with his mind then most NFL players accomplish with their body.

Good for him.

I couldn't agree more!

It just kills me how people think the dollars are more important than a once in a lifetime educational opportunity.

Good for him.

:thumb: Agreed. Can't say that this is the decision that I would make, however, I was never a Rhodes Scholar or an NFL caliber player. I admire this young man for making a very difficult choice.