Are you worried about your job in this economy?

ScarHeel

Are you worried about your job in this economy?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Are you worried about your job in this economy?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and no.

At this point in my career, I've a versatile employee. I have the ability to do any number of jobs. While I don't necessarily worry about losing my job, I worry about others losing their jobs, and then after that, being given more duties as a result. I'm more worried about having to be too many "employees", than not being employed.

I said no. It could happen, but at the same time it doesn't look too bad. As a college student with about a yer left, if this job went bye bye, I'm confident that I could find something to get by until I graduate and start the real job search. With military leading the list of future employers, I'd sstill say my future doesn't look too bad.

I said yes. I'm in the automotive manufacturing of parts. I am hanging on only because I have been there so long (19 yrs.) and have been flexible to different depts. at the Supervisor level. Half of our manning from 5 years ago are no longer with the Co. We still have not reached rock bottom yet per my Mgr. :cry:

I hope I'm not fired from retirement. Although I mow lawns and have for 17 years.

For those who do not have jobs, mowing may not be of any interest to you, but if you get 5 or 6 lawns to mow every week, it will help to hang in there for the summer. Think of it as getting paid to exercise. Or you may come up with something else to earn a few $ until things improve.